Ashley Hinshaw in 2014
|Born||c. 1988/1989 (age 28–29)
La Porte, Indiana, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Topher Grace (m. 2016)|
Ashley Hinshaw (born c. 1988/1989) is an American actress and model.
Ashley Hinshaw was born in La Porte, Indiana to Chris and Craig Hinshaw. Since the age of nine, she auditioned and participated in several children's plays and youth theatre. Hinshaw began modeling in her local hometown pageant (Miss Maple City Pageant and Talent Competition) at the age of 13, where she won on beauty and photogenic for 13- to 16-year-olds and talent for 8- to 14-year-olds. In 2003 Hinshaw won third in the Queen's Court competition and second in photogenic competition in the Miss Indiana American Junior Teen Pageant. Ashley also won state finalist application process; speech; prettiest smile; and recommending the most people to participate in the pageant next year and receiving the most recommendations from competitors for her to participate again next year. Hinshaw then went on to participate in the National Miss American Coed Pageant for the Miss American Junior Teen category at the age of 14. When she was 16, Ashley Hinshaw moved to New York for her modeling career.
Ashley Hinshaw first started modeling in pageants in 2002, where she participated in the Miss Indiana Junior Teen competition. As a model, Hinshaw has appeared in an advertising campaign for Abercrombie & Fitch. Her experience as a model led to her judging a beauty pageant on the MTV reality TV series Made in 2008. A year later Hinshaw pursued an acting career and landed a guest stint on The CW Teen Drama series Gossip Girl as herself. Hinshaw auditioned for a role in the proposed spin-off series to Gossip Girl, Valley Girls which The CW did not pick up. Hinshaw has since appeared in guest roles on Fringe and The Glades.
In June 2010, Hinshaw was confirmed to star in the high school comedy film LOL, an American remake of the 2008 French film LOL (Laughing Out Loud). Hinshaw portrays the role of Emily, best friend to the film's lead, played by Miley Cyrus. Production began in August 2010 in Paris and Grosse Pointe. The film was released in May 2012 on a limited release in the United States. The film received mixed reviews and was a financial disaster.
In November 2010, Hinshaw was announced as a star in the independent thriller film Rites of Passage alongside Christian Slater. In the film, an anthropology student takes his classmates to his family ranch, where his brother lives in a haze of drugs, guilt, and Chumash Indian rituals. The film was released straight to DVD on 16 October 2012.
In May 2011, Hinshaw was cast as the lead in the independent drama film About Cherry alongside Heather Graham, James Franco and Dev Patel. Hinshaw portrays Angelina, a troubled young woman who comes to San Francisco and joins the porn industry. Filming began in July 2011. The film premiered at the 2012 Berlin International Film Festival.
Hinshaw started dating actor Topher Grace in January 2014, and they became engaged in January 2015. On May 29, 2016, Grace and Hinshaw married near Santa Barbara, California. On August 1, 2017, Hinshaw confirmed that she and Grace were expecting their first child.. Their daughter was born in November 2017.
|2011||Rites of Passage||Sandee||Direct-to-video|
|2011||The Death and Return of Superman||Power Girl||Short|
|2012||The Hungover Games||N/A||Short|
|2013||Snake and Mongoose||Lynn Prudhomme|
|2014||Goodbye to All That||Mildred|
|2015||A Rising Tide||Sarah|
|2016||You're Killing Me Susana||Irene|
|2009||Gossip Girl||Herself||Episode: "Reversals of Fortune"|
|2011||The Glades||Charlene Turner||Episode: "Moonlighting"|
|2012||Tall Hot Blonde||Katie Brooks||Television movie|
|2013||Enlightened||Danielle||Episode: "Higher Power"|
|2013||The League||Rachel||Episode: "The Near Death Flex-perience"|
|2014||True Blood||Bridgette||4 episodes|
|2015||Agent Carter||Colleen O'Brien||Episode: "Now is Not the End"|
|2015||Workaholics||Hilary Winthrop||Episode: "Wedding Thrashers"|
|2015||True Detective||Lacey Lindel||Episodes: "The Western Book of the Dead", "Other Lives"|
|2016||Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life||Paige||Episode: "How to Survive Dating"|
|2017||The Arrangement||Lisbeth||Episodes: Pilot, "The Ex"|
- Wellinski, Mary (July 28, 2003). "LP teen heads to nat'l pageant". The LaPorte County Herald-Argus. Indiana. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
Ashley Hinshaw, 14...
- "Ashley Hinshaw breaks through in Chronicle".
- "Main Crew, Cast".
- "Children perform 'Alice' in M. City".
- "Pageant lists winners in beauty, talent".
- "LP teen heads to nat'l pageant".
- "Actress Ashley Hinshaw Talks 'True Detective'". 3 June 2015.
- "Freshman Ashley Hinshaw: LPHS student begins modeling career" (PDF). La Porte High School Hi-Times March 12, 2004 Volume 95 Issue 6 Page 7. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 13, 2016.
- "Ashley Hinshaw gets her big break on Gossip Girl". Girl2Watch. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "'Gossip Girl' Spin-Off is Officially Dead, CW Picks Up 'Vampire Diaries'". Buddytv.com. 2009-05-20. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- Dragovic, Ana (2010-06-16). "PATA Picks: Miley Cyrus Gets Her Leading Man in LOL: Teen Vogue Daily". TeenVogue.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "Miley Cyrus And Ashley Greene's Teen LOL Goes Into Production". CinemaBlend.com. 2010-08-04. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "LOL". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "LOL (2012)". Boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "Christian Slater in 'Rites of Passage' independent thriller". Upcoming-movies.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "Rites of Passage". Facebook. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "Rites of Passage". 16 October 2012 – via www.imdb.com.
-  Bill Frost, Salt Lake City Weekly, 18 October 2012 issue
- "James Franco Takes Cherry". ComingSoon.net. 2011-05-19. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "AVN - Adult Star Sensi Pearl Filming Mainstream Drama 'Cherry'". News.avn.com. 2011-07-07. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "You've got (real) mail: Letters from writers –". USA Today. 2012-02-22. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- 15 May 2011 - 21:50 (2011-05-15). "Cape the big star as US film crew rolls in". FilmContact.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- McRady, Rachel (January 11, 2015). "Topher Grace Engaged to Actress Ashley Hinshaw: See Her Ring!". Us Weekly. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved May 30, 2016.
- Leonard, Elizabeth; Quinn, Dave (May 30, 2016). "That '70s Show Star Topher Grace Ties the Knot with Ashley Hinshaw". People. Archived from the original on May 31, 2016. Retrieved May 30, 2016.
- Rodriguez, Karla (August 1, 2017). "Ashley Hinshaw Confirms She Is Expecting First Child With Husband Topher Grace". Us Weekly. Archived from the original on August 12, 2017. Retrieved August 12, 2017.
- "Topher Grace and His Wife Ashley Hinshaw Welcome a Daughter".