Athletics at the 1969 South Pacific Games
|Athletics at the III South Pacific Games|
|Host city||Port Moresby, Papua and New Guinea|
|Events||34 (22 men, 12 women)|
Athletics competitions at the 1969 South Pacific Games were held in Port Moresby, Papua and New Guinea, between August 14–20, 1969. Following the event, a "Congress of the delegates of Member Countries of the Australasian Area" was held on August 21, 1969, resulting in the foundation of the Oceania Athletics Association. A total of 34 events were contested, 22 by men and 12 by women.
Medal table (unofficial)
|2||Papua and New Guinea||6||8||4||18|
|7||Wallis and Futuna||1||2||1||4|
|9||British Solomon Islands||0||2||0||2|
Athletes from 12 countries were reported to participate:
- Fiji and New Caledonia crossed the line first and second respectively in the women's 4 × 100 metres relay but were disqualified for passing the baton outside the change-over box.
- SOUTH PACIFIC GAMES - Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea 1969 (PDF), OAA, archived from the original (PDF) on October 30, 2013, retrieved March 30, 2013
- General History of Oceania Athletics Association, Oceania Athletics Association, retrieved March 3, 2013
- SOUTH PACIFIC GAMES, Athletics Weekly, retrieved March 30, 2013
- Snow, Bob (September 12, 2011), SOUTH PACIFIC GAMES RESULTS (PDF), OAA, archived from the original (PDF) on October 30, 2013, retrieved March 30, 2013
- "Fiji alleges poor Games treatment". The Canberra Times. 21 August 1969. Retrieved 17 May 2015.