Auchterarder railway station
Site of the station (1991)
|Original company||Scottish Central Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|22 May 1848||Opened|
|11 June 1956||Closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Opened by the Scottish Central Railway, then by the Caledonian Railway, it became part of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway during the Grouping of 1923. Passing on to the Scottish Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948, it was then closed by the British Transport Commission in 1956.
|Preceding station||Historical railways||Following station|
Scottish Central Railway
- Butt (1995), page 11
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- RAILSCOT on Scottish Central Railway
- Auchterarder station on navigable O. S. map
- Disused stations
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|