|Status||In production (MTOsport, 2012)|
€45,553 (MT-03 model, assembled, 2011)
|Variants||RotorSport UK MT-03|
Design and development
The MT-03 features a single main rotor, a two-seats in tandem open cockpit with an optional partial cockpit fairing, tricycle landing gear with wheel pants and a four-cylinder, air and liquid-cooled, four-stroke, dual-ignition 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912 engine or turbocharged 115 hp (86 kW) Rotax 914 engine in pusher configuration.
The aircraft fairing is made from composites. Its 8.4 m (27.6 ft) diameter rotor has a chord of 20 cm (7.9 in). The aircraft has an empty weight of 245 kg (540 lb) and a gross weight of 450 kg (990 lb), giving a useful load of 205 kg (452 lb).
- AutoGyro MT-03
- Base model for the European and North American market. No longer in production.
- RotorSport UK MT-03
- Modified model for the United Kingdom market, imported assembled and modified by RotorSport UK.
- AutoGyro MTOsport
- Improved model for the European and North American market. This model offers a choice of three different rotor systems, two different propellers, two engine choices (Rotax 912S or 914) and floats.
- AutoGyro MT0-Free
- Version of the MTOsport, with no cockpit fairing fitted. This leaves the pilot out in the open air and has the benefit of eliminating the need for rudder inb pit when turning, as the fairing acts as a destabilizer.
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Airfoil: NACA 8-H-12
- Empty weight: 245 kg (540 lb)
- Gross weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 34 litres (7.5 imp gal; 9.0 US gal) or optionally 68 litres (15 imp gal; 18 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 75 kW (101 hp)
- Main rotor diameter: 8.4 m (27 ft 7 in)
- Main rotor area: 55.4 m2 (596 sq ft)
- Propellers: 3-bladed variable pitch composite
- Maximum speed: 185 km/h (115 mph; 100 kn)
- Cruise speed: 160 km/h (99 mph; 86 kn)
- Rate of climb: 5 m/s (980 ft/min)
- Lift-to-drag: 4
- Disk loading: 8.1 kg/m2 (1.7 lb/sq ft)
Minimum speed: 20 knots
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 176-177. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- "Gyroplane Type Approval Data Sheet (TADS) - Type: RotorSport UK MT-03" (PDF). United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority. Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 188. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- "Ethiopian Air Force Invests in Gyrocopters". Air Forces Monthly. Stamford, Lincolnshire: Key Publishing. 263. February 2010.
- Holger Duda & Insa Pruter. "Flight Performance Of Lightweight Gyroplanes" page 8. German Aerospace Center, 2012. Accessed: 17 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Autogyro MT03.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AutoGyro MTOsport.|