Autumn de Wilde
De Wilde was born October 21, 1970 in Woodstock, New York. Her father, Jerry de Wilde, is an art and commercial photographer noted for his photos of Jimi Hendrix, the Monterey Pop Festival and other icons of the 1960s. Autumn de Wilde had no formal education in photography, but learned photography from her father.
De Wilde has photographed CD covers for Miranda Cosgrove, Elliott Smith, Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins, The Raconteurs, The White Stripes, Fiona Apple, Beck, Built to Spill, Wilco, Monsters of Folk, New Found Glory, and a number of other musicians. In addition, she has directed music videos for Elliott Smith, Spoon, Ingrid Michaelson, The Raconteurs, Rilo Kiley and Death Cab for Cutie. Her portrait subjects include Willie Nelson, Sean Watkins, Ryan Adams, Sonic Youth, Tegan and Sara, and Wolfmother. De Wilde's live concert documentary work includes The Flaming Lips, Spoon, and the Arcade Fire. De Wilde's photos have appeared on the cover of Spin magazine and in the pages of Rolling Stone, Filter Nylon, Los Angeles Times, Entertainment Weekly, and The New York Times. Autumn de Wilde also documents the couture designers Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte.
In 2007 Chronicle Books released a book, Elliott Smith, that has photographs de Wilde had taken of the musician Elliott Smith. The book includes handwritten lyrics, interviews with close friends and family, and a bonus CD of a live performance.
In 2010, De Wilde offered commentary in a series of reissues for the back catalog of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, appearing in the accompanying documentaries entitled "Do You Love Me Like I Love You."
In 2011, her work was extensively featured in the Limited Edition Deluxe Box version of The Decemberists album The King Is Dead. The box set included a one-of-a-kind Polaroid photograph by Autumn from the Impossible Project/Decemberists series, as well as a 72-page hardcover book featuring over 250 unique Polaroid photographs by Autumn and illustrations by Carson Ellis.
- Photo District News
- Jerry de Wilde Photography
- "PDN's 30". Photo District News 27 (3): 56–57. March 2007
- Montgomery, James (14 June 2006). "New Found Glory Find A Home For New Release — September". MTV. Retrieved 27 November 2010.
- The New York Times, "Odes to Sex, Samba Soul and a French Novel", May 27, 2009
- Wall Street Journal, "Rodarte’s Soul Sisters", March 5, 2009
- Autumn de Wilde's website
- The Photography of Autumn de Wilde
- Autumn de Wilde at the Internet Movie Database
- Autumn de Wilde's photos of Panic! at the Disco in Spin magazine
- Autumn DeWilde's Guest DJ Project on KCRW KCRW Guest DJ set