|Location||19700 West Dixie Highway|
|Owned by||Miami-Dade County|
|Line(s)||Florida East Coast Railway|
Aventura is a future Brightline infill train station in Ojus, Florida. It will be located on Dixie Highway west of the Aventura Mall, on a site that was purchased by Brightline (then known as Virgin Trains USA) and donated to Miami-Dade County, who is partly funding construction. A groundbreaking ceremony was held September 3, 2020. Prior to Brightline's ongoing suspension of service due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the station had been expected to open in the fall of 2021. The opening date has been pushed back to October 2022. Inter-city service will be provided to MiamiCentral in about 15 minutes, and trains will run as far north as West Palm Beach until the Orlando extension is opened in 2023.
The station is also expected to serve as the terminus of planned commuter rail services in Miami-Dade County and Broward County. The Miami-Dade line would run between Aventura and Miami Central, and the Broward line would operate as far north as Deerfield Beach.
- Henriquez Stoikow, Gabriela (28 June 2022). "Aventura's rail station to be ready in October". Miami Today. Retrieved 12 July 2022.
- Lyons, David (20 October 2021). "Brightline kicks off ticket sales for Nov. 8 restart after pandemic shutdown". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 21 October 2021.
- Hanks, Douglas (11 October 2019). "Miami-Dade approves $76 million to bring Brightline trains to Aventura Mall". Miami Herald. Retrieved 31 May 2020.
- Lyons, David (20 November 2019). "Brightline says it's on time to open new South Florida stations by next year". Miami Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 31 May 2020.
- Larsen, Keith (24 January 2020). "Virgin Trains USA buys Aventura station site for $18M". The Real Deal Miami. Retrieved 31 May 2020.
- "After setbacks, Brightline's Aventura Mall station full steam ahead". Local 10. 3 September 2020. Retrieved 4 September 2020.
- Price-Williams, Abigail. "MEMORANDUM" (PDF). Miami Dade County. Retrieved 31 May 2020.
- "Brightline close to county deal on commuter tracks. Next up: Fights over stations". Miami Herald. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Lester, David C. (24 August 2021). "Florida's Broward County considering commuter rail line in FEC corridor". Railway Track & Structures. Retrieved 12 September 2021.
- Lyons, Davis (5 September 2021). "Broward commuter rail link not likely until 2028". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 12 September 2021.