|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
Aviaconversiya (Russian: ООО Авиаконверсия) is a Russian manufacturer of surface-based electronic countermeasures products, namely satellite navigation systems deceivers. Oleg Antonov is the director of the company.
Aviaconversiya was founded in the early 1990s as a private company, and it introduced its GPS jamming device at the 1997 MAKS Air Show. In 2002 the US Department of Defense had bought $192,000 worth of equipment from the company.
According to Western sources, Aviaconversiya deceivers were activated around Baghdad by the Saddam Hussein government of Iraq in order to disrupt Coalition GPS devices, namely satellite-guided munitions, during the 2003 Iraq War. Russian officials dismissed the allegations, as did Aviaconversiya.
In 2003 Aviaconversiya was described by SIPRI as a small company, whose leadership included ex-Soviet army commanders who grew rich on a government monopoly for processing scrap metal from Soviet military hardware.
- "О.Антонов: РЭП - наиболее перспективная задача для БЛА (АвиаПорт)". АвиаПорт.Ru (in Russian). Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- Kislyakov, Andrei (20 December 2013). "Russian military makes strides in electronic warfare". Russia Beyond The Headlines. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "Electronic Weapons: The Antidote For GPS Jamming". www.strategypage.com. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "Aviaconversia Is Marketing A Portable GPS/GLONASS Jammer". aviationweek.com. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "Ключ на "СТАР". Изюминки МАКСа-2007 кроются в деталях, которые сразу в глаза и не бросаются". ВПК.name. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- Brewin, Bob. "U.S. Army awarded contracts to Russian GPS jammer vendor". Computerworld. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "Putin hits back on arms claims". BBC NEWS. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- Dougherty, Jill (Mar. 24, 2003). "Russia hits back in shipments row". CNN.com. Retrieved 20 June 2017. Check date values in:
- "Gorbachev, Arms Sales Allegations, Pankin, Berezovsky, Council for Foreign & Domestic Policy, TV1 Review, Chechnya Vote, Business Conference, Vulnerable Nukes, Anthrax, Kotkin/ Khrushchev & Beria- Johnson's Russia List #7115". Johnson's Russia List. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- Aviaconversiya Company Profile on the MAKS 2003 website (archived)
- War in Iraq Boosts Case for More Jam Resistant GPS