Major Region of Vantaa
The Aviapolis major region in Vantaa
|• Total||38.0 km2 (14.7 sq mi)|
|• Density||480/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||GMT +2|
01510, 01520, 01530, 01690, 01740
Aviapolis is a business, retail, entertainment, and housing marketing brand area in central Vantaa, Finland, covering roughly 40 square kilometres (15 sq mi), including Finland's main airline hub and airport, Helsinki Airport.
The term is officially used as the name of one of the major regions of Vantaa, encompassing the districts of Lentokenttä, Pakkala, Tammisto, Veromies, Viinikkala, and Ylästö. It is Vantaa's only major region not named after a city district.
Currently Aviapolis is referred to as the most popular business site in Greater Helsinki, surpassing even the Helsinki City center. Businesses areas already located at Aviapolis include Technopolis Technology Park, Airport Plaza Business Park Oy, and the WTC Helsinki Airport.
The Ring III beltway going through the Aviapolis area connects it with all main highways in and out of the Helsinki Metropolitan Area. Several bus lines connect the airport both to many Finnish cities as well as to many suburbs in Helsinki, Espoo, and Vantaa.
Aviapolis and the airport are linked by the Ring Rail Line to the main railway line, downtown Helsinki, and suburbs of western and eastern Vantaa. The line opened in July 2015, with two stations in the area: Aviapolis railway station and Airport railway station.
The Aviapolis area includes, among others, the Kartanonkoski housing district, located in Pakkala, which houses the International School of Vantaa. The Helsinki Central Park is situated south of the district, in the neighboring capital city.
- Vantaan väestö 2013/2014 (PDF) (Report). Vantaa: City of Vantaa, Tietopalveluyksikkö. 20 August 2014. p. 33. ISBN 978-952-443-480-5. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 February 2015. Retrieved May 2015. Check date values in:
- Helsingin Sanomat International Edition Aviapolis trade centre to accommodate major trade fair facilities, March 17, 2008
- City of Vantaa Your journey starts at Helsinki-Vantaa, 10 July 2007
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080324115401/http://www.aviapolis.fi/en.php Aviapolis Official Web Site
- http://www.fgo.fi/ Flamingo entertainment centre & Spa
- http://www.jumbo.fi/ Jumbo Shopping Centre
|This Southern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|