B4U (TV channel)
B4U: The Digital Entertainment Channel
|Launched||3 September 2000|
|Closed||27 October 2001|
|Owned by||B4U Multimedia International Limited|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||The Digital Entertainment Channel|
|Headquarters||New Delhi & Mumbai|
|Replaced by||B4U Movies|
|Sister channel(s)||B4U Music|
B4U also known as B4U Entertainment or B4U TV was an Indian television satellite channel that was launched on 3 September 2000. The channel was launched by Kishore Lulla of Eros Entertainment, and Lakshmi Mittal of Ispat Industries Ltd.
B4U Entertainment programming consisted of many genres of television programmes, including family dramas boasting female protagonists, comedy series, and shows starring Bollywood celebrities. The channel spent roughly Rs. 24 crores (Rs. 240 millions) on all the programmes it produced, and once B4U was replaced by B4U Movies, the company had to write-off all the programmes.
Note:Following is a list of programmes that were broadcast by B4U TV at the time it was on-air. Some of these shows have also been re-aired on other Indian television channels.
- Apne Paraye
- Club 10
- Double Sawari
- In Conversation with Zeenat
- Kinare Miltey Nahin
- Karz Pichhle Janam Ka
- Rishta Kachche Dhaagon Kaa
- Saas Pe Sava Saas
- Star Bite
- Thoda Sa Gum Thodi Khushi
- Lall, Bhuvan (4 September 2000). "B4U launches entertainment channel in India". ScreenDaily.com.
- Mathur, Aarti (31 August 2000). "Bollywood to roll out Digital Entertainment Channel". Variety.com: International News.
- "B4U Entertainment replaced by B4U Movies". Indiantelevision.com. 25 September 2001.
- Singh, Jasmine (11 September 2000). "New general entertainment channel B4U". Mid-Day.com.
- "An Interview with B4U Worldwide CEO Ravi Gupta". Indiantelevision.com. 27 October 2001.