BQ Aquaris E4.5
|Series||BQ Aquaris series|
|First released||Android Edition 1 June 2014 |
Ubuntu Edition 11 February 2015
|Successor||BQ Aquaris E5|
|Mass||123 g (4.3 oz)|
|Operating system||Android, Ubuntu Touch|
|CPU||Quad-core Cortex A7 up to 1.3 GHz MediaTek|
|GPU||Mali 400 up to 500 MHz|
|Display||4.5 in (110 mm) 960x540 pixel (240 Pixels per inch)|
|Rear camera||8 megapixel f/2.4, focus range 0.1 m~infinity, lens number 4P, lens size 1/3.2", dual flash and autofocus|
|Front camera||5 megapixel|
The BQ Aquaris E4.5 is an Android smartphone from the Spanish manufacturer BQ that was released to market in June 2014 as a budget dual-SIM phone. The device shipped with Android versions starting from v4.0 and can be updated to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat). BQ elected not to skin the operating system and as such it retains the unmodified "Google Experience".
The Aquaris E4.5 is notable for being the first commercially available phone to carry the Ubuntu Touch mobile operating system.
On 9 February 2015, BQ in partnership with Canonical launched the BQ Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition [de] and it began a gradual release in the European Union through a series of online flash sales.
BQ would later follow a similar pattern with the Aquaris E5, releasing it first with Android and then with Ubuntu Touch.
- "Ubuntu Phone Partner 'Bq' Holding Mystery Press Event Next Week". OMG Ubuntu. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Bq Aquaris E4.5". Phonemore. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "bq Aquaris 4.5 Review". Android Emotions. Archived from the original on 22 June 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- Sinha, Robin (9 February 2015). "Canonical Launches First Ubuntu Phone With Spain's BQ". gadgets.ndtv.com. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- "bq - Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition. Life at your fingertips". Mundo Reader. Archived from the original on 29 April 2015. Retrieved 20 April 2015.[self-published source]
|Preceded by|| BQ Aquaris E4.5