February 6, 1988 |
Anderson, South Carolina
|Occupation||stage, television actress, singer, dancer|
Bailey Noel Hanks (born February 6, 1988) is an American singer, actress, and dancer best known for winning MTV's Legally Blonde - The Musical: The Search for Elle Woods. She performed on Broadway as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde: The Musical in 2008.
Life and career
Hanks was born on February 6, 1988 in Anderson, South Carolina, to Brad and Angie Hanks. She has one older sister, Brooke, and one younger sister, Bradlee. Her father is a pastor and youth minister in addition to being a highway patrolman, while her mother is a nurse. Hanks attended Westside High School (South Carolina) in Anderson. She transferred to and graduated from Pendleton High School in 2006. Growing up in the local theater, her notable appearances were as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz; Gertrude McFuzz in Seussical the Musical; Elle Woods in Legally Blonde; Baby June in Gypsy; Hello, Dolly!; Music Man; A Year With Frog and Toad; Annie; Bye Bye Birdie; A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum; and High Steppin' Country. Bailey studied under Sarah Reese, an esteemed former opera singer. Bailey was also crowned Miss Liberty Teen 2005, and competed in the Miss SC Teen Pageant. Hanks also had the honor of performing the National Anthem for president Bill Clinton in 2000. Hanks is an alumna of Gamma Phi Beta (Coastal Carolina University) in real life. Hanks starred as Sharpay Evans in a production of High School Musical which ran from November 5 to December 7, 2008 at the Paper Mill Playhouse.
In 2012, Hanks tweeted out a photo in support of Chick-fil-A following the chain's support of anti-gay marriage statements. The Broadway community quickly responded by condemning Hanks for her seemingly homophobic tweet. 
Hanks currently resides in Piedmont, South Carolina.
Hanks got engaged to her boyfriend on November, 10th 2012.
March 15, 2014 she married Jason Weidman in Central, SC, and then honeymooned at the tropical Barceló Punta Cana Resort in the Dominican Republic.
- Legally Blonde: The Musical, Broadway, July 23 - October 19, 2008
- High School Musical, Paper Mill Playhouse, November 5 - December 7, 2008
- VOTE!, New York International Fringe Festival, August 14–26, 2009
- Freckleface Strawberry (reading) Manhattan Movement Arts Center, September 2009- Role of Emily
- 9 to 5: The Musical Role of Doralee Rhodes Roxy Regional Theater, September and October 2012
- Legally Blonde - The Musical: The Search for Elle Woods (2008)
- Guiding Light (2009)
- Meet the Browns (2010)
- Step Up 3D, 2010
- Bailey Hanks Wins MTV Competition And Will Be Next Elle Woods! (BroadwayWorld.com)
- Hetrick, Adam (2008-07-21). "Omigod! Bailey is New Star of Broadway's Legally Blonde; Three Finalists Also Land Roles". Playbill. Archived from the original on 24 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- Blonde's Hanks Will Star in Paper Mill's High School Musical
- "Legally Blonde's Bailey Hanks to Appear on CBS' GUIDING LIGHT", broadwayworld.com, February 20, 2009
- "'Step Up' listing" imdb.com, retrieved April 12, 2010
- , Talk About Equality, August 9, 2012
- Hetrick, Adam.Hanks, Goodwin, Karr and Beard Cast in VOTE! for FringeNYC," playbill.com, July 13, 2009