Balaka (Bengali: বলাকা: English: "A Flight of Swans") is a Bengali poetry book written by Rabindranath Tagore. It was published in 1916. It is the first significant work of the "Balaka Stage" of Rabindranath's poetry.
Tagore dedicated the book to W. Pearson. He was his friend.
Rabindranath was a worshipper of speed. The melody of consciousness of the poet-mind is evident in the book. The dynamics of creation, the mystery of eternal velocity in the universe is observed in it.
- Foundation, Poetry (2020-07-26). "Rabindranath Tagore". Poetry Foundation. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- Tagore, Rabindranath (April 27, 2018). Balaka. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9781717449252 – via Google Books.
- History of Bengali Literature, Dr. Dulal Chakraborty, July - 2007, Bani Bitan. (Bengali)
- "বলাকা - উৎসর্গ | রবীন্দ্র রচনাবলী". rabindra-rachanabali.nltr.org. Retrieved 2020-07-26.
- "Balaka - Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 2020-07-26.