This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Banki Mongra is a region in the city of Korba in the central Indian state of Chhattisgarh. The region is known for its underground coal mines.
As of 2011[update], Banki Mongra has three active mines: the number 3-4 mine, the number 5-6 mine and the number 9-10 mine. Other mines are no longer active. Banki Main Mine and the Surakachhar 5&6 Inclines are the only coal-producing mines at Banki Mongra and Surakachhar. The Main Mine and Surakachhar 3&4 Inclines are in the Surakachhar-Balgi Sub Area which is located on the road connecting Banki – Mongra to Korba Headquarters.
Higher secondary schools
- Saraswati Higher Secondary School, Banki Mongra
- Gyanoday Hr. Sec. School Jangal Side, Banki Mongra.
- Jagruti Hr. Sec. School, Bandha para, Banki Mongra.
- Sarwamangla vidya mandir higher secondary school pankha dafai Banki mongra
- Sunshine High School Banki Mongra.
- MJV English Medium School Banki Mongra
- Government Middle School Banki Side
- Ghordewa School
- Pronnat Middle School Banki side
- Beacon English School Gajra
- Saraswati Shishu Mandir Banki Mongra
- Lal bahadur school Katainar
- Aatim jatim kalyanay vidyalay prathmic sala banki side
- Vande maatram school gajra Banki mongra
The township is well connected to Bilaspur, Raipur and Ambikapur via road. The nearest Railway station is Gevra Road Korba. The Korba airstrip is 12 km from Banki Mongra.
Banki Mongra comes under the municipal corporation of Korba and Banki Mongra Zone serving ward numbers 55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66 and 67. The Postal Index Number (PIN) of the area is 495447.
The population is about 118,000.
The local Hindu festivals Navaratri and Dashehra are celebrated.
- SECL Hospital
- New Korba Hospital
- Balaji Superspeciality Trauma & Care Hospital
- Krishna Hospital
- Primary Health Centre Mongra
- Sub Health Centre Katainaar (Banki)
- Sub Health Centre,Kudhripara (Banki)
- Sub Health Centre, Ghurdeva (Banki)
- ^ Post Offices covered for the Western Union Money Transfer Scheme Archived 25 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine, India Post.
Coordinates: 22°24′25″N 82°36′22″E / 22.407°N 82.606°Ehttps://indiamapia.com/Korba/Banki_Mongra.html