Diana Barran, Baroness Barran
Diana Francesca Caroline Clare Barran, Baroness Barran, MBE is a British charity campaigner, former hedge fund manager and Conservative Party life peer. Barran is the founder of the domestic abuse awareness charity SafeLives and served as its chief executive from 2004 to 2017.
Barran worked as an investment banker in London and Paris for Morgan Grenfell and Enskilda Asset Management and founded the hedge fund Barran and Partners in 1993. Barren left Beaumont Capital in 2001 shortly before its sale to Schroders. Barran owned 10% of Beaumont Capital at the time of her departure.
Honours and awards
- "Barran puts family before windfall". The Evening Standard. 11 December 2001. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "Meet the team: Diana Barren". Comic Relief. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- BARRAN, Baroness (Diana Francesca Caroline Barran). ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2019 (online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. (subscription or UK public library membership required) (subscription required)
- "No. 59808". The London Gazette (Supplement). 11 June 2011. p. 13.
- "Queen confers Peerages". gov.uk. 18 May 2018. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- Dan Sabbagh (18 May 2018). "May names nine new Tory peers to boost party after Brexit defeats". The Guardian. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "No. 62337". The London Gazette. 27 June 2018. p. 11404.