Barry Jackson (actor)
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (December 2013)|
29 March 1938|
|Died||5 December 2013
Barry Jackson (29 March 1938 – 5 December 2013) was an English film and television actor.
His television credits included: A for Andromeda, The Mask of Janus, Adam Adamant Lives!, Doctor Who, Z-Cars, Dixon of Dock Green, The Troubleshooters, Doomwatch, Poldark, Oil Strike North, The New Avengers, Secret Army, Blake's 7, The Professionals, Coronation Street, Enemy at the Door, All Creatures Great and Small, "Horace", Minder, Bergerac, Lovejoy, Casualty, Peak Practice, Silent Witness, Kavanagh QC, The Bill, A Touch of Frost, Holby City, Heartbeat and Midsomer Murders.
He appeared in Doctor Who in the show's original run, including the stories The Romans and in the episode Mission to the Unknown which served as a prelude to the epic The Daleks' Master Plan. Jackson played "Drax", a school chum of the Doctor, in the Fourth Doctor story The Armageddon Factor.
He died in London on 5 December 2013, aged 75, from undisclosed causes.
- The Primitives (1962) - Messenger
- Strangler's Web (1965) - Morton Bray
- The Bofors Gun (1968) - Shone
- Alfred the Great (1969) - Wulfstan
- Ryan's Daughter (1970) - Corporal
- The Raging Moon (1971) - Bill Charles
- Diamonds on Wheels (1973) - Wheeler
- Moll Flanders (1975) (TV) - William Stubbs
- Barry Lyndon (1975) - Second at the final duel
- Aces High (1976) - Joyce
- The Glitterball (1977) - Mr. Fielding
- The Sailor's Return (1978) - Carrier
- Mr. Love (1985) - Donald Lovelace
- The Shooting Party (1985) - Weir
- The Fourth Angel (2001) - Tarnowner
- Wimbledon (2004) - Danny Oldham
- Foster (2011) - Tom Jenkins
- The Wedding Video (2012) - Des (final film role)
- Barry Jackson biodata Aveleyman.com; accessed 16 December 2013.
- "Barry Jackson". BFI.
- "Barry Jackson". TV.com. CBS Interactive.
- Anthony Hayward (10 December 2013). "Barry Jackson: 'Midsomer Murders' pathologist who also played a rent". The Independent.
- Paul Cockerton (5 December 2013). "Barry Jackson dead: Midsomer Murders star played pathologist Dr George Bullard for decade". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
|This article about a United Kingdom film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|