|Born||July 11, 1958|
|Field||Business strategy, game theory|
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
Barry J. Nalebuff (born July 11, 1958) is a Milton Steinbach Professor of Management at Yale School of Management and author who specializes in business strategy and game theory. His published books include Thinking Strategically and The Art of Strategy. Nalebuff's class on negotiation has over 67,000 active learners through Coursera and has the second-highest net promoter score on the platform. He has a semi-regular column in Forbes with Ian Ayres called "Why Not?"
Nalebuff also has multiple entrepreneurial ventures. He was a co-founder of Honest Tea and Kombrewcha. He serves on the board of Q Drinks (started by his former student Jordan Silbert), Calicraft Beer, and AGP Glass.
Nalebuff graduated in 1976 from the Belmont Hill School and in 1980 from MIT with degrees in economics and mathematics. He then earned his master's degree and doctorate in economics from Oxford University on a Rhodes Scholarship.
- Nalebuff, Barry; Dixit, Avinash K. (1991). Thinking Strategically: The Competitive Edge in Business, Politics, and Everyday Life. New York: Norton. ISBN 9780393029239.
- Nalebuff, Barry; Brandenburger, Adam M. (1996). Co-opetition: A Revolution Mindset that Combines Competition and Cooperation... The Game Theory Strategy that's Changing the Game of Business. Currency. ISBN 0-385-47949-2.
- Nalebuff, Barry; Kanbur, Ravi; Greenwald, Bruce; Richard, Arnott (2003). Economics for an Imperfect World: Essays in Honor of Joseph E. Stiglitz. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. ISBN 9780262012058.
- Nalebuff, Barry; Ayres, Ian (2003). Why Not? How to Use Everyday Ingenuity to Solve Problems Big and Small. Harvard Business School Press. ISBN 1-59139-153-9., ISBN 978-1-4221-0434-7, ISBN 1-4221-0434-6
- Nalebuff, Barry; Dixit, Avinash K. (2008). The Art of Strategy: A Game Theorist's Guide to Success in Business and Life. New York: W.W. Norton & Co. ISBN 9780393062434.
- Nalebuff, Barry; Goldman, Seth (2013). Mission in a Bottle: The Honest Guide to Doing Business Differently—and Succeeding. New York: Crown Business. ISBN 9780770437497.
- Bio of Nalebuff on Yale University's website
- Story of Nalebuff's co-founding Honest Tea on Honest Tea's website
- Co-opetition, with Adam Brandenburger and Barry Nalebuff
- Why Not? How to Use Everyday Ingenuity to Solve Problems Big and Small, with Ian Ayres and Barry Nalebuff
- Forbes: Why Not?
- Dixit, Avinash; Nalebuff, Barry (2008). "Game Theory". In David R. Henderson (ed.). Concise Encyclopedia of Economics (2nd ed.). Indianapolis: Library of Economics and Liberty. ISBN 978-0865976658. OCLC 237794267.
- Dixit, Avinash; Nalebuff, Barry (2008). "Prisoner's Dilemma". In David R. Henderson (ed.). Concise Encyclopedia of Economics (2nd ed.). Indianapolis: Library of Economics and Liberty. ISBN 978-0865976658. OCLC 237794267.