|Location||Miami Beach, Florida, United States|
|Public transit access||Metrobus, Collins Ave at 22 Street|
The Bass Museum of Art is a contemporary art museum located in Miami Beach, Florida in the United States. The Bass is currently closed for renovations and is operating a temporary exhibition space at the Miami Beach Regional Library (227 22nd Street). The Bass was founded in 1963 by the City of Miami Beach with a private donation of close to 500 works of Renaissance and Baroque art by collectors John and Johanna Bass. The museum occupies the 1930s Miami Beach Public Library and Art Center designed by Russell Pancoast, grandson of Miami Beach pioneer John Collins. The building was placed on the National Register in 1978.
In 2002, the museum more than doubled its size with an addition designed by iconic architect Arata Isozaki. In 2003, the museum presented a traveling exhibition US DESIGN, 1975-2000, a critical assessment of the work of three generations of American designers during the last 25-years of the 20th century. 
Under the leadership of Silvia Karman Cubiñá, Executive Director and Chief Curator since 2008, the Bass Museum of Art has presented such exhibitions as
- "Where Do We Go From Here? Selections from la Coleccion Jumex " (2009)
- "Isaac Julien: Creative Caribbean Network" (2010)
- "Erwin Wurm: Beauty Business" (2011)
- "The Endless Renaissance -- Six Solo Artists Projects: Eija-Lissa Ahtila, Barry X Ball, Walead Beshty, Hans-Peter Feldman, Ged Quinn, *Araya Rasdjarmreamssok" (2012)
- "From Picasso to Koons: The Artist as Jeweler" (2013)
- "Piotr Uklański: ESL" (2013)
- "Vanitas: Fashion and Art" (2014)
- "Gravity and Grace: Monumental Works by El Anatsui" (2014)
- "GOLD" (2014
- "One Way: Peter Marino" (2015)
In 2015, the museum launched an interior expansion project with Arata Isozaki as Design Consultant and David Gauld, Architect, to address the institution's need for more programmable space. The galleries are currently closed for construction and the museum will reopen in Fall 2016.
- Edwards, Stassa (2015-05-14). "Bass Museum of Art to Close for Renovations". Miami New Times. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- Miller, R Craig; Haag Bletter, Rosemarie; Denver Art Museum (2001). "US design 1975-2000". Munich ; New York: Prestel: 255 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 31 cm. OCLC 49683001Published in conjunction with the exhibition of the same name organized by the Denver Art Museum. Exhibition tour: Denver Art Museum, Denver, Colorado, Feb.-May 2002; Bass Museum of Art, Miami, Florida, Feb.-May 2003; American Craft Museum, New York, New York, June-Oct. 2003; Memphis Brooks Museum of Art, Memphis, Tennessee, Nov. 2003-Feb. 2004.
- Bass Museum: About, ARTINFO, 2008, retrieved 2012-03-24
- Official website
- Russian Dreams… at the Bass Museum of Art in Miami Beach Video at VernissageTV