Batman: Strange Days
|Batman: Strange Days|
|Directed by||Bruce Timm|
by Bob Kane
|Music by||Christopher Drake|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros|
Batman: Strange Days is a 2014 animated superhero short film based on the popular DC Comics character Batman. Directed by Bruce Timm, it was created to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the conception of the character.
Bruce Timm stated that Strange Days is the Batman story that he would create if he was “boss of the world.”
The short was created in black and white and takes place in 1939, the year Batman debuted in the comics.
A young blonde woman is abducted by a scientist known as Dr. Hugo Strange who requires the young woman for an experiment. As he and one of his monster men take her up a relatively isolated mountain where his secret laboratory is located, they are ambushed by the Dark Knight who attacks them in order to free the tied woman. After defeating the monster man, Batman goes after Hugo Strange, who is holding the young woman hostage and threatens to kill her if Batman comes closer. Strange slowly steps back towards a chasm and Batman's sudden move causes him to fall to the abyss. Batman saves the woman from falling as well and the two of them watch as Strange falls to his death.
- Lesnick, Silias (10 April 2014). "Celebrate 75 Years of Batman with a New Animated Short!". SuperHeroHype.com.
- Khouri, Andy (April 9, 2014). "Bruce Timm On His Return to Batman In 'Strange Days'". Interview. ComicsAlliance.
- Gerding, Stephen (November 4, 2010). "Bruce Timm's "Batman: Strange Days" Short Released Online". Movie News, TV News. Comic Book Resources.
- "Batman Strange Days Clip Released".
- "Watch Bruce Timm's BATMAN: STRANGE DAYS - Nerdist". 14 April 2014.
|This comics-related film article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|