|Occupation||President of Fondazione Nicola Trussardi|
Beatrice Trussardi (born November 22, 1971) is an Italian businesswoman. Since 1999 she has been President of the Fondazione Nicola Trussardi. Since 2009 she has been on the Executive Committee of Aspen Institute Italy and has been President of the Friends of Aspen.
Education and work in the United States
Beatrice Trussardi was born in Milan in 1971 to Nicola Trussardi and Maria Luisa Gavazzeni, as the eldest of four siblings. She earned her degree in Art Business & Administration at New York University, going on to work with the Guggenheim Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Museum of Modern Art. In 2007 she returned to the US to attend the Global Leadership and Public Policy for the 21st Century program at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
The Fondazione Nicola Trussardi
In 1999, Beatrice Trussardi was named President of the Fondazione Nicola Trussardi, founded by her father in 1996 to promote contemporary art and culture. In 2003, she decided to move the foundation out of its exhibition space in Palazzo Trussardi alla Scala and develop a new itinerant model, focused on rediscovering symbolic landmarks around the city. Places like Palazzo Litta, Palazzo Dugnani and Palazzo Citterio were restored and reopened to house major exhibitions and site-specific projects. Paul McCarthy, Tino Sehgal, Fischli & Weiss, Anri Sala, Pipilotti Rist and Maurizio Cattelan are among the many artists whose work has been presented by the Fondazione Nicola Trussardi.
Parallel to her work with the foundation, Beatrice Trussardi has also held various positions since 1999 within the family business. In 2003 she became President and CEO of Trussardi Group heading it until 2014, when she handed over the office of President to her mother, Maria Luisa Trussardi, and the role of CEO to her brother Tomaso.
Over the course of her career, Trussardi has held major roles of responsibility at other organizations in Italy and abroad. In 2005, she was one of 237 leaders selected by the World Economic Forum in 69 member countries to be part of its Young Global Leaders group. In 2007, she joined the Women’s Leadership Board at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, a body founded at Harvard University to promote gender equality in society and politics. In 2009, she became President of the Friends of Aspen at Aspen Institute Italia, whose aim is to analyze and discuss important economic, social and cultural issues that are fundamental to development. In 2012, the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities appointed her to the Board of Directors of MAXXI - Museo Nazionale delle Arti del XXI Secolo in Rome, due to her expertise in the field of contemporary art and patronage. In September 2013, at the Invitation of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, she joined the International Board of the Women in Diplomacy Committee, tasked with building Italian and international public awareness of the key themes of EXPO 2015. In 2014, she joined the Board of Directors of Comitato Fondazioni Italiane Arte Contemporanea. She is also on the Executive Committee of Associazione Volta and is a founding member of the Global Shapers Advisory Board in Milan. Since January 2018, she has worked for YOOX.com, which is part of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP, as curator of the Design+Art area. She’s also one of the new members of the Advisory Council of Tent, an international organization focused on addressing the global refugee crisis involving private sector to improve the lives & livelihoods of more than 20 million men, women & children forcibly displaced from their home countries.
Awards and honors
Beatrice Trussardi has received many awards and honorary titles. In the field of culture, her work with the Fondazione Nicola Trussardi to promote contemporary art has earned her the Premio ICE - Impresa & Cultura (2003), the Montblanc Arts Patronage Award (2004) and the Premio Piazza Mercanti from the Milan Chamber of Commerce (2012). In the field of business she has won two international awards: the NIAF Award from the National Italian American Foundation (2003) and the Premio Marisa Bellisario (2003), bestowed on women who have distinguished themselves in their profession in the spheres of management, science, the economy, and social causes. In 2010, the President of Italy named her Commendatore of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic. In 2016, the Fondazione Italia-USA selected her for its America Award, and in May 2017 she received the Premio Tecnovisionarie per l’Innovazione Artistica.
- "Fondazione Nicola Trussardi". fondazionenicolatrussardi.com. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- (in Italian)Mamma-manager ad alta quota La sfida di Beatrice Trussardi
- "Beatrice Trussardi leaves the catwalk behind, returns to original passion – Swiss Style Magazine". swissstyle.com. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- (in Italian)Beatrice Trussardi Archived 2017-09-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Pluris. "In conversation with Beatrice Trussardi | Pluris Magazine". pluris.fr. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- (in Italian)Beatrice Trussardi: «Grazie papà»
- (in Italian)FONDAZIONE NICOLA TRUSSARDI
- "Fondazione Nicola Trussardi - Milan". My Art Guides. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- (in Italian)La Fondazione Nicola Trussardi
- "TRUSSARDI'S TURNING POINT. - Daily News Record | HighBeam Research". highbeam.com. Archived from the original on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- "Beatrice Trussardi". World Economic Forum. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- "Friends of Aspen". aspeninstitute.it. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- Cecilia Fiorenza (2015-02-05). "Beatrice Trussardi" (PDF). Museo Nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- (in Italian)Beatrice Trussardi entra nel Maxxi di Roma L’ha voluta il Ministro
- (in Italian)Museo Maxxi: Beatrice Trussardi e Monique Veaute nel Cda
- "Comitato "Women in Diplomacy"" (PDF). 2013-10-18. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- (in Italian)Comitato Fondazioni Italiane Arte Contemporanea
- Yoox Celebrates Its New Design + Art Offerings With the Chicest of Dinners in Tribeca
- YOOX launch new Design+Art section
- Advisory Council Members
- "Beatrice Trussardi awards". voltaitalia.org. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- "Premio Piazza Mercanti from the Milan Chamber of Commerce (2012)". milomb.camcom.it. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- Cappello Paola (2017-06-22). "PRESS RELEASE" (PDF). Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- (in Italian)Beatrice Trussardi Commendatore of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- (in Italian)America Award
- (in Italian)Premio Tecnovisionarie per l’Innovazione Artistica