||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Beau Burchell on stage with Saosin at The House of Blues Anaheim
|Born||December 17, 1978|
|Origin||Orange County, California, U.S.|
|Labels||Death Do Us Part|
Beau Burchell (born December 17, 1978) is an American musician, record producer, and audio engineer from Orange County, California. He currently plays guitar and sings backup vocals in the band Saosin, and was previously in the bands Kosmos Express and Open Hand. Also a prolific producer, he has been credited on over thirty albums (see discography). He also owns the record label Death Do Us Part.
On stage, Burchell has been seen playing a Gibson Les Paul Custom, a Gibson SG Standard, a Burny Les Paul Custom, a Fender Jaguar, and a Balaguer Guitars Thicket BB. He plays a Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKII amp through both a Hughes & Kettner 4x12 cabinet with Vintage 30 speakers and a 2x12 cabinet with Greenback speakers. He has also stated that onstage he uses a Bob Bradshaw Custom Audio Electronics Looper, a RS-10 MIDI Switching Module, a Line 6 Echo Pro Delay Unit, TC Electronic G-Major, Shure U4D wireless Unit, a Boss noise gate, and a Dunlop Tremolo Pedal.
To record Translating the Name, Burchell played both a Gibson Les Paul Standard and Gibson SG Standard. He used a modded Mesa/Boogie 2-Channel Dual Rectifier amp through a Marshall 1960B cabinet for the rhythm tracks. The lead tracks were recorded with a Schecter 006 Elite played into a modded Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 amp through a Marshall 1960B cabinet.
With Kosmos Express
With As Hope Dies
- Birth Place and Burial Site (2002)
- Legions Bow To A Faceless God (2003)
- Translating the Name (2003)
- Saosin (2006)
- Come Close (2008)
- The Grey EP (2008)
- In Search of Solid Ground (2009)
- Along the Shadow (2016)
|As Hope Dies||Birth Place and Burial Ground||Engineer, mixing||2002|
|As Hope Dies||Legions Bow To A Faceless God||Producer, engineer, mixing||2003|
|Name Taken/Bayside||Split||Producer, engineer, mixing||2003|
|The Bronx||The Bronx||Engineer, mixing||2003|
|Various Artists||Different Shade of Green: Tribute to Green Day||Producer, mixing||2003|
|Various Artists||Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault: Jawbreaker Tribute||Producer, engineer, mixing||2003|
|Various Artists||A Santa Cause: It's a Punk Rock Christmas||Producer||2003|
|Death on Wednesday||Songs to To||Engineer||2003|
|The Higher||Star is Dead||Producer, engineer, mixing||2003|
|The Bled||Pass the Flask||Producer, engineer, mixing||2003|
|Scars of Tomorrow||Design Your Fate||Engineer||2003|
|Salem||Love It or Leave Me EP||Producer, engineer||2003|
|Saosin||Translating the Name||Producer, engineer, mixing||2003|
|Taken||Between Two Unseens CD/DVD||Producer, engineer||2004|
|Name Taken||Hold On||Producer, engineer, mixing||2004|
|Reel Big Fish||We're Not Happy 'til You're Not Happy||Engineer||2005|
|Scars of Tomorrow||Beginning Of||Engineer||2005|
|Various Artists||Punk Goes 90's||Producer, mixing||2005|
|Saosin||Come Close||Engineer, Mixing||2008|
|Saosin||In Search of Solid Ground||Engineer, mixing||2008|
|Taken||This Is Forever||Mixing||2008|
|Drop Dead, Gorgeous||The Hot N' Heavy||Mixing||2009|
|It Prevails||Capture and Embrace||Mixing, mastering||2009|
|History Of...||Alcheringa; The Dreaming||Mixing, mastering||2010|
|Guiltmaker||The Emerald Coast||Mastering||2010|
|Trash Talk||Eyes & Nines||Mastering||2010|
|It Prevails||Stroma||Mixing, mastering||2011|
|Emery||You Were Never Alone||Mixing||2015|
|Saosin||Along the Shadow||Engineer, mixing||2016|
- "Kosmos Express Discography, Kosmos Express Artist Database | Jesusfreakhideout.com". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Saosin | SPIN". Spin. 29 September 2006. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- "Now by Kosmos Express @ARTISTdirect". Artistdirect. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- "Simulcast - Kosmos Express | Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Ashopedies* - Legions Bow To A Faceless God (Vinyl, LP, Album) at Discogs". Discogs. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- "In Search of Solid Ground - Saosin | Credits | AllMusic". Allmusic. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- "The Bronx  - The Bronx | Credits | AllMusic". Allmusic. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "A Different Shade of Green: Tribute to Green Day - Various Artists | Credits | AllMusic". Allmusic. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "Jawbreaker Tribute: Bad Scene Everyone's Fault - Various Artists | Credits | AllMusic". Allmusic. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "A Santa Cause: It's a Punk Rock Christmas - Various Artists | Credits | AllMusic". Allmusic. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "Death On Wednesday - Songs to To CD Album". CD Universe. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "The Higher - Star Is Dead (CD) at Discogs". Discogs. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "Pass the Flask by The Bled @ARTISTdirect". Artistdirect. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "Scars Of Tomorrow - Design Your Fate (CD, Album) at Discogs". Discogs. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "Love It or Leave Me - Salem | Credits | AllMusic". Allmusic. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- "Taken (3) - Between Two Unseens (CD) at Discogs". Discogs. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- "Hold On by Name Taken @ARTISTdirect". Artistdirect. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- "Saosin EP by Saosin @ARTISTdirect". Artistdirect. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- "Saosin - Come Close (DVD) at Discogs". Discogs. Retrieved 30 December 2015.