Holmleigh Park High School
|Holmleigh Park High School|
|Trust||Greenshaw Learning Trust|
|Department for Education URN||147300 Tables|
|Head Teacher||Patrick Farmbrough|
|Age||11 to 18|
Holmleigh Park High School is a co-educational secondary school and sixth form with academy status in Tuffley, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England. The number of pupils currently attending is approximately 1,152. Headteacher Patrick Farmbrough took over from interim headteacher, Ben Parnell on 1 September 2019.
The school opened in 1971 as Beaufort School. It was later renamed Beaufort Community School. In September 2010, The Academy opened its new Sixth Form Centre and also became a member of The South Gloucester Learning Trust with four other local schools. In October 2013, the school converted to academy status, as part of the OUR Co-operative Academies Trust.
In September 2019, the academy was rebranded and joined the Greenshaw Learning Trust. It has a new uniform, new rules and is now called Holmleigh Park High School. In particular, strict new rules have been introduced around uniform, behaviour and homework completion. The new headteacher is Patrick Farmbrough who started on 1 September 2019.
Uniform, current (as of September 2019):
|KS3||Grey blazer with Holmleigh Park Logo||Blue||Maroon|
|KS4||Grey blazer with Holmleigh Park Logo||Blue||Maroon|
|KS5||Black, Navy or Grey||Formal, any colour||Maroon (or lapel pin)|
Uniform, Beaufort Co-operative Academy (2013 - 2019):
|KS3||Grey blazer with Beaufort Cooperative Academy Logo||Blue||Blue, with stripe of house colour and Beaufort Co-operative Academy logo|
|KS4||Grey blazer with Beaufort Cooperative Academy Logo||Blue||Blue, with stripe of house colour and Beaufort Co-operative Academy logo|
|KS5||Black or Purple||Black, White, or Purple||Two shades of purple and black, Beaufort Co-operative Academy logo on the bottom|
Uniform, Beaufort Community School (pre 2013):
|KS3||Grey Jumper with Beaufort Community School Logo||White||Navy Blue, with stripe of house colour and Beaufort Community School Logo|
|KS4||Grey Jumper with Beaufort Community School Logo||White||Navy Blue, with stripe of house colour and Beaufort Community School Logo|
|KS5||Black Jumper with Beaufort Community School Logo||White||Purple and Black, with stripe of house colour and Beaufort Community School Logo|
Performance and Issues
In 2003, the school had improving results and had won several awards.
As of 2018, the school's most recent inspection judgement was Requires Improvement.
The school's GCSE results in 2018 were poor, with Progress 8 categorised as well below average and the proportion of children achieving Grade 5 or above in English and maths GCSEs at 22%, compared to 47% for Gloucestershire as a whole and 40% nationally.
In 2018, there were concerns about bullying at the school.
As part of the rebrand in September 2019, the Duke of Edinburgh Award has been introduced, guest speakers are coming to the school for special "Ivy League" lectures and reading time in the morning and afternoon has been introduced.
Holmleigh Park Sports Centre
The sports centre was opened in September 1974. It is used exclusively by students during school hours but is open for public use in the evenings/weekends and school holidays. The facilities available include a large sports hall, a small sports hall, 2 outdoor football pitches, a swimming pool, tennis courts, a squash court, a health and fitness studio and cafe area.
- "Holmleigh Park High School". UK Government. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- "Gloucester school principal announces that he is stepping down from role". Gloucestershire Live. 24 May 2019. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- "New Headteacher of Holmleigh Park High School". Greenshaw Learning Trust. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- David Verey; Alan Brooks (2002). Gloucestershire: The Vale and the Forest of Dean. Yale University Press. pp. 468–. ISBN 978-0-300-09733-7. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "BEAUFORT SCHOOL later BEAUFORT COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Gloucester". National Archives. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "About Beaufort". Beaufort Co-operative Academy. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "Gloucester school set to be renamed - and the public will get a chance to vote". Gloucestershire Live. 26 March 2019.
- "How the people in charge of Gloucester's Holmleigh Park High School are transforming more than just its name". Gloucestershire Live. 22 September 2019. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- Whittaker, Martin (5 September 2003). "Marks spark a recovery". Times Education Supplement. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Freeland, Iain. "Beaufort Co-operative Academy". Ofsted. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Beaufort Co-operative Academy". Find and compare schools in England. GOV.UK. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Falconer, Ben (5 February 2018). "Headteacher hits back at parents' social media criticism over bullying". Gloucestershire Live. Retrieved 25 November 2018.