Beaufort Co-operative Academy
|Beaufort Co-operative Academy|
|Trust||OUR Co-operative Academies Trust|
|Department for Education URN||140011 Tables|
|Age||11 to 18|
|Houses||Northgate, Eastgate, Southgate, Westgate|
|Colour(s)||Blue (Northgate), Red (Eastgate), Green (Southgate), Yellow (Westgate), Purple (Sixth Form)|
Beaufort Co-operative Academy is a co-educational secondary school and sixth form with academy status in Tuffley, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England. The number of pupils currently attending is approximately 2,000. Principal David Bishop took over from Headteacher Malcolm Bride in 2012.
The school opened in 1971 as Beaufort School. It was later renamed Beaufort Community School. In September 2010, The Academy opened its new Sixth Form Centre and also became a member of The South Gloucester Learning Trust with four other local schools. In October 2013, the school converted to academy status, as part of the OUR Co-operative Academies Trust.
Uniform, pre-academy status:
|KS3||Grey Jumper with Beaufort Community School Logo||White||Navy Blue, with stripe of house colour and Beaufort Community School Logo|
|KS4||Grey Jumper with Beaufort Community School Logo||White||Navy Blue, with stripe of house colour and Beaufort Community School Logo|
|KS5||Black Jumper with Beaufort Community School Logo||White||Purple and Black, with stripe of house colour and Beaufort Community School Logo|
Uniform, academy status:
|KS3||Grey blazer with Beaufort Cooperative Academy Logo||Blue||Blue, with stripe of house colour and Beaufort Co-operative Academy logo|
|KS4||Grey blazer with Beaufort Cooperative Academy Logo||Blue||Blue, with stripe of house colour and Beaufort Co-operative Academy logo|
|KS5||Black or Purple||Black, White, or Purple||Two shades of purple and black, Beaufort Co-operative Academy logo on the bottom|
Academic and pastoral performance
In 2003, the school had improving results and had won several awards.
As of 2018, the school's most recent inspection judgement was Requires Improvement.
The school's GCSE results in 2018 were poor, with Progress 8 categorised as well below average and the proportion of children achieving Grade 5 or above in English and maths GCSEs at 22%, compared to 47% for Gloucestershire as a whole and 40% nationally.
In 2018, there were concerns about bullying at the school.
- David Verey; Alan Brooks (2002). Gloucestershire: The Vale and the Forest of Dean. Yale University Press. pp. 468–. ISBN 978-0-300-09733-7. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "BEAUFORT SCHOOL later BEAUFORT COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Gloucester". National Archives. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "About Beaufort". Beaufort Co-operative Academy. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- Whittaker, Martin (5 September 2003). "Marks spark a recovery". Times Education Supplement. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Freeland, Iain. "Beaufort Co-operative Academy". Ofsted. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Beaufort Co-operative Academy". Find and compare schools in England. GOV.UK. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Falconer, Ben (5 February 2018). "Headteacher hits back at parents' social media criticism over bullying". Gloucestershire Live. Retrieved 25 November 2018.