Wind mill in Beesel
Location in Limburg
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Petra Dassen-Housen (CDA)|
|• Total||29.15 km2 (11.25 sq mi)|
|• Land||28.14 km2 (10.86 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.01 km2 (0.39 sq mi)|
|Elevation||25 m (82 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||481/km2 (1,250/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Topographic map of the municipality of Beesel, June 2015.
The town of Beesel
The town of Beesel lies about 10 km north of Roermond. Although the municipality is named after this village, it is not the largest town in the municipality, and neither is the municipal hall located in Beesel.
In 2001, Beesel had 1725 inhabitants. The built-up area of the town was 0.53 km², and contained 706 residences.
- "Burgemeester Dassen-Housen" [Mayor Dassen-Housen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Beesel. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 5953AL". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-03-19. Retrieved 2007-01-24.. Statistics are for the continuous built-up area.
||Peel en Maas
|Leudal / Meuse||Brüggen (DE-NW)|
|This Dutch Limburg location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|