Life and career
Freud started working for Vivienne Westwood during the 1980s before setting up her own design company. She also spent a year as guest designer for Stirling Cooper and undertook consultancy work for the British fashion company Jaeger during the 1990s. She has been responsible for the relaunch and revamp of fashion house Biba.
In an appearance on the BBC current affairs program Newsnight on 2 August 2006, she voiced an impassioned denunciation of Israel's "disproportionately violent aggression" in the 2006 Israel-Lebanon Conflict.
Bella Freud has contributed to the Sunday Telegraph free magazine Stella, with a column called "Bella on Beauty". She recently partook in a fashion shoot with the closest of Vivienne Westwood's friends and clientelle, in which Freud was dressed in a gold boiler suit complete with pipe and hat.
In 2007, Freud launched her own knitwear collection. To illustrate her work she collaborated with Elle Muliarchyk, a model and artist who was called "Guerrilla Model" by The New York Times. On her travels around the world Elle Muliarchyk created imaginary film stills by photographing herself wearing Freud's designs, only at nights, at often dangerous locations. These images, called Journey to the End of the Night, were exhibited during London's Frieze Art Fair in 2007.
Freud's recent collection was featured in The New York Times Exclusive Short "The Last Poet".
- "Bella Freud". Fashion Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- Webb, Iain R. (8 February 1995). "Designer lines on the high street" (65185). The Times.
- "How We Met: John Malkovich & Bella Freud". The Independent. London. 2 March 2008. Archived from the original on 1 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- Freud, Bella (2 August 2006). "Middle East debates". BBC News. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- Justine Picardie (4 October 2006). "This look really has legs". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- Rupani-Smith, Sylvia (26 February 2010). The New York Times http://video.nytimes.com/video/2010/02/26/t-magazine/1247467197597/t-exclusive-elle-muliarchyk.html. Missing or empty
|This clothing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|