|Traded as||NYSE: BHE|
S&P 600 Component
|Industry||Electronics manufacturing services|
|Paul Tufano, CEO|
|Revenue||US$2.253 billion (FY 2011)|
|US$841.293 million (FY 2010)|
|US$52 million (FY 2011)|
|Total assets||US$1.5 billion (FY 2011)|
|Total equity||US$1.115 million (FY 2011)|
Number of employees
Initially a subsidiary of Intermedics, a medical implant manufacturer, Benchmark was sold to Electronic Investors Corporation in 1986.
Smaller than rivals, including Flextronics and Foxconn, as of 2010 Benchmark may be increasingly seeking to move away from traditional, computing-related EMS products to more-profitable ones like medical devices.
In December 2011, founder and chairman Cary Fu promoted Gayla Delly to CEO in December 2011.
On September 16, 2016, Benchmark named Paul J. Tufano president and chief executive officer, effective immediately. He replaced Gayla Delly, who had been with Benchmark since 1996.
While more mundane computing-related products make up the majority of its manufactures as of 2008, the company also makes telecommunications equipment and medical devices. Benchmark has also expended their business into Precision Technologies, providing extensive precision mechanical manufacturing capabilities. 
Production bases and facilities
Benchmark Electronics has operations in ten countries.
The company has production bases in Almelo, Netherlands; Angleton, TX; Bangkok, Thailand; Brasov, Romania; Guadalajara, Mexico; Tijuana, Mexico; Huntsville, AL; Penang, Malaysia; Nashua, NH; Singapore; Suzhou, China.; and Winona & Rochester, MN.
- "Benchmark Electronics, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Feb 29, 2012" (PDF). secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 14, 2013.
- Services Overview Archived March 5, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Benchmark Electronics Official Site
- Benchmark Electronics, Inc. Archived July 18, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. zacks.com, January 14, 2010
- "Benchmark Electronics, iRobot Ink Manufacturing Deal". FinancialWire. 5 June 2008. Retrieved 31 December 2008.
- "Benchmark Electronics Announces Joint Effort With Silicon Graphics and NASA". Market Watch. 8 December 2008. Retrieved 26 December 2008.
- Worldwide Locations Archived December 11, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Benchmark Electronics Official Site
- Worldwide Locations > Asia > Penang, Malaysia Archived February 23, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Benchmark Electronics Official Site
- Worldwide Locations > The Americas > New Hampshire Archived July 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Benchmark Electronics Official Site