|Origin||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Genres||Art rock, avant-garde, baroque pop|
|Labels||Inside Out Music, Sony Music, Cuneiform Records|
Bent Knee is an American art rock band formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 2009. The band performs in multiple genres and draws from multiple influences, including pop, industrial rock, progressive rock, and avant-garde. The band is known for unpredictable dynamic contrast and the wide vocal range of singer Courtney Swain.
Bent Knee has toured with The Dillinger Escape Plan, Haken, Leprous, Thank You Scientist, and Mike Keneally. In 2016 they signed to Cuneiform Records for the release of their third album, Say So. In 2017, they signed a deal with Inside Out Music and released their fourth album, Land Animal.
Bent Knee was formed at the Berklee College of Music in 2009, when guitarist Ben Levin and vocalist Courtney Swain began writing music together. The band self-released their first LP, Bent Knee in 2011, then self-released their follow up, Shiny Eyed Babies in 2014. In late 2015, they were signed to Cuneiform Records, an American independent record label, on which they released Say So in 2016. In April 2017, the band was signed by Inside Out Music for the release of their fourth album, Land Animal, which was released June 23, 2017.
- Courtney Swain – lead vocals, keyboards
- Ben Levin – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Jessica Kion – bass, backing vocals
- Gavin Wallace-Ailsworth – drums
- Chris Baum – violin, backing vocals
- Vince Welch – synths, rhythm guitar, sound design, production
- Studio albums
- Bent Knee (2011)
- Shiny Eyed Babies (2014)
- Say So (2016)
- Land Animal (2017)
- Michelle Geslani (5 April 2016). "Bent Knee announce new album, Say So, premiere "Leak Water" song/video — watch". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- Fusilli, Jim (2016-05-24). "'Say So' by Bent Knee Review". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Davies, Owen. "Bent Knee - Shiny Eyed Babies". DPRP. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN Announces Fall U.S. Tour". Blabbermouth. 2016-08-22.
- "Haken & Leprous Join Forces for North American Tour". hakenmusic.com. Haken. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- Kennelty, Greg. "Haken, Leprous & Bent Knee to Tour North America This Fall". Metal Injection. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- "Thank You Scientist tour dates with Bent Knee announced". The Prog Report. 2017-03-10.
- Mike Keneally (27 May 2014). "School For Robots and Bent Knee open for us tonight in Cambridge, MA". Facebook. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Cuneiform Records - Bent Knee". Cuneiform Records. 2015-12-01.
- "Inside Out - Bent Knee". Inside Out Music. 2017-04-19.
- Smith, Steve (2016-01-24). "Bent Knee bids for the big time". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Bent Knee Signs With Cuneiform Records". Bent Knee Music. 2015-12-05. Archived from the original on 2016-08-13.
- Smith, Steve (2016-05-19). "Bent Knee favors songcraft over showboating on new album 'Say So'". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Bent Knee : Launched Music Video and Announce New Album "Land Animal" Out June 23 via INSIDEOUTMUSIC/SONY". Inside Out Music. 20 April 2017. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Gregoire, Nick (2017-02-28). "11 free tracks from local bands headed to Rock Band Rivals". Harmonix Blog. Retrieved 2017-08-10.
|This music-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|