|Born||June 1, 1982|
|Alma mater||University of Cincinnati – College-Conservatory of Music|
Adam Krauthamer (m. 2017)
Betsy Wolfe (born Elizabeth Marie Wolfe; June 1, 1982) is an American actress and singer.
She is known for her work on Broadway as Cordelia in Falsettos, Jenna Hunterson in Waitress and Rosa Bud in The Mystery of Edwin Drood, as well as for her Off-Broadway appearance as Cathy Hiatt in The Last Five Years.
Early life and education
Wolfe performed the role of Cathy in the Off-Broadway revival of The Last Five Years, which ran at the Second Stage Theatre from March 7, 2013 (previews) to May 18, 2013. Charles Isherwood, in his review in The New York Times, wrote that Wolfe has "a bright, strong soprano with a keen belt. With her wholesome blond beauty she is well cast."
In 2014 she appeared on Broadway in the musical by Woody Allen, Bullets Over Broadway as Ellen. The CurtainUp reviewer wrote: "Betsy Wolfe also has little to do as David's girlfriend Ellen but, like Ziemba, when she does get to sing it's lovely."
She appeared in the new musical Up Here at the La Jolla Playhouse, La Jolla, California in July 2015. The musical is written by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez. The Variety reviewer noted that Wolfe "is charming in her role and even sings the hell out of such banalities as 'I feel like I’ve always known you.' "
She appeared in a reading of a new musical titled Flying Over Sunset by James Lapine (book and director), Tom Kitt (score) and Michael Korie (lyrics). The reading took place at the Vineyard Arts Project, Edgartown, Massachusetts, on July 29, 2016, with additional cast members Marin Mazzie and Boyd Gaines.
Wolfe played the role of Cordelia in the Broadway revival of Falsettos, which ran from September 29, 2016 (previews) to January 8, 2017. She joined the cast of Waitress on Broadway on June 13, 2017 in the role of Jenna. Wolfe left the role on January 9, 2018.
In June 2018, she played Rosemary Pilkington for a limited engagement of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC alongside Michael Urie, John Bolton, John Michael Higgins and Skylar Astin.
Opera and concerts
Wolfe appeared with the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, directed by Erich Kunzel, at Carnegie Hall on April 1, 2003. In 2016 and 2017, Wolfe appeared with Darren Criss and Adam Kantor, respectively, in The New York Pops' concerts "Best of Broadway" and "Women of Notes: In Dedication to Female Composers and Lyricists" at Carnegie Hall, with appearances by Robert Lopez, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, and Jason Robert Brown, and by Sara Bareilles, Ingrid Michaelson, Georgia Stitt, and Shaina Taub, respectively.. She also frequently performs the music of newer musical theatre writers in concert, including Ryan Scott Oliver and Zack Zadek 
Wolfe appeared in the Metropolitan Opera production of Die Fledermaus as "Ida", with a new book by Douglas Carter Beane. The opera opened on December 31, 2013, and also starred Paulo Szot as "Dr. Falke" and Danny Burstein as "Frosch". In November 2017 Wolfe performed at the Houston symphony with Jeremy Jordan.
|2014||The Last Five Years||Former Stripper (uncredited)|
|2008||Live from Lincoln Center||Ensemble||Episode: "Camelot"|
- 2007: 110 in the Shade (2007 New Broadway Cast Recording)
- 2009: Everyday Rapture (Original Cast Recording)
- 2011: Stage Door Canteen: Broadway Responds to WWII (Original Concert Cast Recording)
- 2012: 35mm: A Musical Exhibition (Original Cast Recording)
- 2012: Merrily We Roll Along (2012 New Encores! Cast Recording)
- 2012: The Mystery Of Edwin Drood (2012 New Broadway Cast Recording)
- 2012: "Bustle Fluffah" – single (with Andy Karl and Jessie Mueller)
- 2013: The Last Five Years (2013 New Cast Recording)
- 2013: Crosses: A Musical of Hope (Original Studio Cast Recording)
- 2014: Bullets Over Broadway (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
- 2016: Falsettos (2016 New Broadway Cast Recording)
- Evans, Suzy. "6 Acting Lessons From 'Last Five Years' Star Betsy Wolfe" Backstage, March 27, 2013
- "Visalia's Betsy Wolfe stars in 'Tales of the City' on San Francisco stage" amanidreamtup.blogspot.com, May 19, 2011
- "University of Cincinnati alumni on Broadway" uc.edu, accessed July 1, 2016
- Finkle, David. "Review. Ragtime " theatermania.com, June 13, 2005
- Isherwood, Charles. " 'The Last Five Years,' a Musical at Second Stage Theater" The New York Times, April 2, 2013
- Sommer, Elyse. :A CurtainUp Review. 'Bullets Over Broadway' " CurtainUp, April 5, 2014
- Fullerton, Krissie. "First Shots of Betsy Wolfe and Matthew Bittner in 'Up Here', the New Musical by Frozen Songwriters" Playbill, August 7, 2015
- Berkshire, Geoff. "Regional Theater Review: ‘Up Here,’ By the Songwriters of ‘Frozen’ " Variety, August 11, 2015
- Lloyd Webber, Imogen. "Betsy Wolfe, Patti Murin & Okieriete Onaodowan Led Lab of Broadway-Bound 'Frozen' " broadway.com, May 20, 2016
- Viagas, Robert. "Marin Mazzie Toplines Reading of James Lapine LSD Musical" Playbill, July 24, 2016
- " 'Flying Over Sunset' A New Musical by James Lapine, Tom Kitt, and Michael Korie at Vineyard Arts Project" broadwayworld.com, July 24, 2016
- Gans, Andrew. "Betsy Wolfe, Tracie Thoms, Brandon Uranowitz Join 'Falsettos' Revival" Playbill, June 28, 2016
- Gans, Andrew. "Marvin’s Back with Whizzer, as 'Falsettos' Revival Begins" Playbill, September 29, 2016
- Hetrick, Adam. "13 Shows Close as Broadway Gears Up for a Packed Spring" Playbill, December 29, 2016
- Desk, BWW News. "Everything Changes! Betsy Wolfe to Star as Jenna in WAITRESS Following Sara Bareilles". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2017-04-13.
- Vine, Hannah. "First Look at Skylar Astin, Betsy Wolfe, and Michael Urie in Kennedy Center’s 'How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying'" Playbill, June 7, 2018
- "Annual Report, Concerts, p. 17" carnegiehall.org, accessed July 3, 2016
- Gelfand, Janelle. "Concert Review. Pops, Karamazovs give New Yorkers good laugh" The Cincinnati Enquirer, April 3, 2003
- "See Darren Criss and Betsy Wolfe thrill at Carnegie Hall | Playbill". Playbill. Retrieved 2018-03-06.
- "See Betsy Wolfe, Sara Bareilles, Ingrid Michaelson, and More at New York Pops' Women of Notes | Playbill". Playbill. Retrieved 2018-02-12.
- Hetrick, Adam. "New Production of 'Die Fledermaus', With Paulo Szot, Danny Burstein and Betsy Wolfe, Premieres at the Met Dec. 31" Playbill, December 31, 2013
- "'Waitress' Star Has a Tip for You: Marry Your Best Friend". Retrieved 2018-10-19.
- "Instagram post by Betsy Wolfe • Dec 18, 2017 at 11:32pm UTC". Instagram. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "Adam Krauthamer Broadway Credits" ibdb.com, accessed July 1, 2016
- Kaufman, Joanne. "The New Star of ‘Waitress’ on Finally Having a Real Home" The New York Times, August 4, 2017
- "Sugar, Butter, Married! 'Waitress' Star Betsy Wolfe Shares Wedding Photos" broadwayworld.com, December 18, 2017
- Gans, Andrew; Hernandez, Ernio. "New Musical 'Ace', With Michael Arden, Begins Old Globe Run Jan. 13" Playbill, January 13, 2007
- Probst, Andy. The Boys From Syracuse theatermania.com, October 14, 2011
- "Betsy Wolfe" Playbill
- "Betsy Wolf Credits" ibdb.com
- "Betsy Wolfe Bio" broadwayworld.com
- Hernandez, Ernio. "Spellers and Staff Ready for 'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee' SF Debut" Playbill, January 11, 2006
- Sommer, Elyse and Saltzman, Simon. "Curtain Up review: 'Everyday Rapture' ". Curtainup.com, May 1, 2009 and 2010
- Hetrick, Adam. "Welcome to 28 Barbary Lane": 'Tales of the City' Musical Premieres in San Francisco May 18" Playbill, May 18, 2011
- Marzullo, Joseph. "PHOTO CALL: Encores! 'Merrily We Roll Along' Closing Night" Playbill, February 20, 2012
- Bacalzo, Dan. "Ben Crawford, Lindsay Mendez, Betsy Wolfe Set for '35mm'" theatermania.com, February 10, 2012
- "Cast" www.35mmthemusical.com
-  Internet Movie Database
- "Betsy Wolfe" castalbums.org