Bettye Anne Case
Bettye Anne Busbee Case is Olga Larson Professor Emerita of Mathematics at Florida State University. Her mathematical research concerns complex variables; she has also published on mathematics education and the history of mathematics. She is the editor of the books A Century of Mathematical Meetings (American Mathematical Society, 1996) and Complexities: Women in Mathematics (with Anne M. Leggett, Princeton University Press, 2005).
Education and career
Case graduated from the University of Alabama in 1962. She earned her Ph.D. in 1970 from the same university; her dissertation, On Non-Analytic Functions Related to a System of Partial Differential Equations, was supervised by Mario O. González. She taught at the Florida Institute of Technology and then at Tallahassee Community College for nine years before joining the Florida State University faculty as an associate professor in 1982.
Case was the founding director of both the undergraduate program in actuarial science and the graduate area financial mathematics at Florida State. She was active member of the Association for Women in Mathematics, and coordinated their meetings at mathematics conferences from 1984 to 2015.
Florida State named Case the Olga Larson Professor in 2004. In 2016 the Association for Women in Mathematics presented Case a Lifetime Service Award in recognition for her many decades of service to the AWM, particularly as Meetings Coordinator and long time member of the Executive Committee.  In 2018 she was honored as one of the inaugural Fellows of the Association for Women in Mathematics.
- Curriculum vitae, April 1, 2013, retrieved 2018-02-09
- Kenschaft, Patricia C. (2005), Change is Possible: Stories of Women and Minorities in Mathematics, American Mathematical Society, p. 146, ISBN 9780821837481
- Reviews of Complexities: Women in Mathematics:
- Henson, Shandelle M. (January 2006), American Mathematical Monthly, 113 (1): 91–93, doi:10.2307/27641858
- Davis, A. E. L. (November 2006), Mathematical Gazette, 90 (519): 548–549, JSTOR 40378234
- Voolich, Erica (July 2007), "Complexities: Women in Mathematics", Convergence
- Spencer, Gwen (September 2007), Math Horizons, 15 (1): 29–30, JSTOR 25678709
- Kidwell, Peggy Aldrich (September 2007), Minerva, 45 (3): 353–356, JSTOR 41821420
- Korten, Marianne (May 2009), The Mathematical Intelligencer, 31 (3): 48–49, doi:10.1007/s00283-009-9052-z
- Bettye Anne Case at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Past AWM Service Award Winners". Association for Women in Mathematics. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- "Press Release: Bettye Anne Case Receives an AWM Life Time Service Award". Association for Women in Mathematics. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- Launch of the AWM Fellows Program, Association for Women in Mathematics, retrieved 2018-02-09