This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Born||28 August 1985|
|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay|
|Occupation||Co-founder and CEO of Ola Cabs and ola electric|
Aggarwal was born in Afghanistan and brought up in Ludhiana city, Punjab, in a Punjabi Hindu family. He completed a bachelor's degree in computer science and engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay in 2008. He started his career with Microsoft Research India as a Research Intern and later got reinstated as an Assistant Researcher.
He began his career with Microsoft, where he worked for two years, filed two patents and published three papers in international journals. In January 2011 he co-founded Ola Cabs with Ankit Bhati in Bengaluru.
The idea for a cab company struck Aggarwal when he had a bad experience with a taxi, which led him and Ankit Bhati to co-found Ola Cabs in 2010. OlaCabs has become the largest network of personal transportation options within India and has emerged as the most popular choice for many consumers in 22 Indian cities.
In May 2020, OlaCabs announced a huge layoff of around 500 employees in a move to survive the economic repercussions of COVID-19. It had suffered an overwhelming loss of revenue by about 95%. 
In a webinar addressed to the students of Bennet University, Bhavish said that the COVID-19 pandemic was about to accelerate the innovations in technologies. He claimed that the markets might move towards more car rentals and subscription based ownerships of cars. This was a trajectory point for our lives as we become more aware about hygiene and disease awareness. 
- Das, Purba (16 January 2016). "#Startup India:Ola Cabs' Bhavish Aggarwal is conscious that security is a concern, more measures need to be taken". Business Insider. Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "Bhavish Aggarwal: Bringing Technology to Fleet Taxis". Forbes India. 12 February 2014.
- "Bhavish Aggarwal: The World's 100 Most Influential People". Time. Retrieved 22 September 2020.
- "Punjab to New York: Ola co-founder Bhavish Aggarwal's red carpet journey". rediff. 26 August 2018.
- Arora, Prashasti (27 August 2018). "From Ludhiana to UK via Australia: How Bhavish Aggarwal drove to success". The Economic Times. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "Bhavish Aggarwal & Ankit Bhati: The men behind Olacabs". The Economic Times. 25 October 2014.
- "Bhavish Aggarwal - Yo! Success". Yo! Success. 12 August 2015. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "Leader in the spotlight-Bhavish Aggarwal". Live Mint. 4 November 2014.
- "Interesting facts about Ola founder Bhavish Aggarwal". Business Insider. 27 February 2020.
- "Ola lays off 1,400 people, co-founder Bhavish Aggarwal explains the move in a letter to survive Covid". Financial Express. 20 May 2020.
- "Covid-19 accelerating innovation in mobility, says Ola's Bhavish Aggarwal". Times of India. 19 October 2020.
- "ET Awards 2017: The best and the brightest". The Economic Times. 28 October 2017. Retrieved 5 May 2018.