Big Al's was one of the first topless bars in San Francisco and the United States since the mid-1960s. It was the first bottomless bar in San Francisco. It is next to the Condor Club, where the strip-club phenomenon first started, and since 1991 claims to be one of the largest porn stores in San Francisco.
Big Al's as an adult book store closed its doors in 2009, it was later replaced by a sandwich store and currently a cigar shop, both kept the venue's name and iconic neon sign. It still stands as a San Francisco landmark featured in several films and TV shows as well as postcards and touristic brochures.
Big Al's in film
- Condor Club – a club in North Beach district, San Francisco
- Lusty Lady – a former chain of peep show establishments with two locations, one in the North Beach district of San Francisco and one in downtown Seattle
- Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell Theatre – A San Francisco striptease club
- Regal Show World – A former adult business in San Francisco
- Shteir, Rachel (2004), Striptease: The Untold History of the Girlie Show, Oxford University Press, p. 322, ISBN 978-0-19-512750-8
- Corporate website, archived from the original on 11 May 2008, retrieved 2008-05-14
- Dirty Harry (1971), filmsite.org, archived from the original on 15 May 2008, retrieved 2008-05-09