Bilqees Sarwar Foundation
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Focus||Healthcare, Education, Ambulance, Humanitarian Aid|
|Method||Donations and Grants|
The Bilqees Sarwar Foundation (BSF) is a registered non-profit organization based in Lahore, Pakistan, which provides public health and education support to the local community as well as around the world. It was established by the Sarwar family, and cooperates with NRS International, a Dubai-based disaster relief supplier with a manufacturing facility in Pakistan.
- 1 Public Health Initiatives
- 2 Education Initiatives
- 3 Humanitarian Assistance
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Public Health Initiatives
Razia Begum Dialysis Centre at Bilqees Sarwar Hospital
The Bilqees Sarwar Hospital (BSH) provides the employees of the HSNDS factory, their family, and patients in Pakistan with free and subsidized healthcare; this includes 50 dialysis machines to use without a cost and free eye-care treatments ranging from laser vision correction to minor surgeries. Since its inception, the hospital has served a community of 500,000 citizens and treats up to 3,000 eye patients per month. The hospital offers a range of other services, including:
- Complete lab testing facility
- Consulting general practitioner
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
In June, 2016 BSF established Razia Begum Dialysis Centre (RBDC) near Kahna, to treat patients suffering from kidney disease free of charge. The centre provides free dialysis to up to 4,500 patients on a monthly basis, and has provided 5,792 dialysis treatment to date.
Mobile Clinic in Syrian Refugee Camps
Mayo Hospital Renovations
- Neurology Ward
- East Medical Ward (Male)
- East Medical Ward (Female)
- Nephrology Ward
BSF has granted 77 scholarships worth USD 33,398 to students at the Customs Public School in Lahore. The scholarship programme supports young students from the age of 3 to 13. BSF has also donated USD 11,450 in the form of 40 scholarships to Sanjan Nagar Public Education Trust for impoverished students. BSF also partnered with The City School in Lahore to sponsor the 7th Annual City School Model United Nations Conference.
Bilqees Camp of Hope in Syria
The Bilqees Sarwar Foundation's parent company, NRS International, joined the Global Business Coalition for Education to extend their support towards the education of Syrian refugee children. NRS International, through BSF, has donated multi-purpose tents to serve as temporary learning spaces and homes for children to learn and live in.
Nepal Disaster Relief
- "30-bed charity dialysis facility opens". DAWN.COM. 2016-06-05. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Capacity building: Mayo Hospital ward renovated - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2014-10-19. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "بلقیس سرور فاؤنڈیشن معیارِ تعلیم کے فروغ کیلئے کوشاں ہے،فرحان سرور کسٹمز پبلک سکول میں سالانہ تقریب تقسیم انعامات ،طالب علموں اور اساتذہ میں سر ٹیفکیٹس تقسیم". Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- "Human Rights Day: How one company is improving access to education for vulnerable children". GBC Education. 2016-12-09. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Bilqees Sarwar Foundation Camp of Hope for Syria.pdf". Google Docs. Retrieved 2017-08-03.
- Dodds, Lauren. "AIDEX - Response through Collaboration". www.aid-expo.com. Retrieved 2017-01-31.