Black & Mild
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Black & Mild is a machine-made, pipe tobacco cigar. They are produced by John Middleton Co., a tobacco company located in Limerick, Pennsylvania. As of November 2007, Altria, the parent company of Philip Morris purchased John Middleton, Inc.
Black & Milds have a wrapper (and possibly filler) made of homogenized pipe tobacco, and are sold with a plastic or wood tip, untipped, in a shorter version called Shorts—which are about half of the size of regular Black & Milds—and also in filtered little cigar versions.
Black & Milds are sold in numerous different varieties, all of which are listed below.
The company has recently come out with the slogan, "Tastes great! Smells great!" due to the sweet smell produced by the smoke.
Black & Mild cigars are available in single cigars, in packs of 5 or in boxes of 25 unless noted. The cigars are sold in the following varieties:
- Cherry Vanilla
- Dark Blend
- Filtered Tips (Black and Mild FT)
- Natural Wrap Wood Tip (available in select markets)
- Summer Blend (sold only in summer months)
- Sweets (introduced in May 2017)
- Wood Tip Original
- Wood Tip Jazz
- Wood Tip Royale
- Wood Tip Wine
- Gold and Mild
Black & Mild cigarillos are available in single cigars, 2-packs, 3 packs, and packs of 5. Black & Mild cigarillos are untipped, unlike the other Black & Mild cigars. Flavors are:
- Fast Break: a shorter version of the original Black & Mild; available in packs of 6, 10, and boxes of 25; also available in Apple and Mild flavors. Fast Break was replaced with Shorts.