Blasphemy at the 2009 Black Flames of Blasphemy concert in Helsinki, Finland.
|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Genres||Black metal, death metal, war metal|
|Years active||1984–1993, 1999–present|
|Labels||Wild Rags, Osmose, Nuclear War Now!, Displeased|
|Associated acts||Conqueror, Antichrist, Tyrants Blood|
Blasphemy formed in 1984. The band released a demo titled Blood Upon the Altar in 1989 and their debut album, Fallen Angel of Doom,  the following year through Wild Rags, a record label they had signed to while touring the United States.
Their second full-length studio album was the 1993 Gods of War released through Osmose Productions. In 1993, Blasphemy also took part in the "Fuck Christ Tour" and toured through Europe with Immortal and Rotting Christ.
Blasphemy was then inactive for several years. Ryan Förster joined the band in 1999. The band's July 2001 concert in Vancouver was released as a live album titled Live Ritual – Friday the 13th in 2002.
They were inactive again until 2009, when they played two concerts; one in Montreal and one in Helsinki, in the Black Flames of Blasphemy festival, with Proclamation, Black Witchery, Revenge and Archgoat. In 2010, Blasphemy headlined the second installation of the Nuclear War Now! festival in Germany.
Blasphemy's song "War Command" has been covered by Beherit and the cover appeared on Beherit's 1999 compilation album Beast of Beherit - Complete Worxxx. Blasphemy's "Winds of the Black Gods" was the opening track on the 2004 compilation Fenriz Presents... The Best of Old-School Black Metal.
- Current line-up
- Nocturnal Grave Desecrator and Black Winds – Vocals
- Caller of the Storms – Guitars
- Deathlord of Abomination and War Apocalypse – Guitars
- Three Black Hearts of Damnation and Impurity – Drums
- V.K. – Live Session Bass
- Former members
- Ace Gestapo Necrosleezer and Vaginal Commands – Bass
- Black Priest of 7 Satanic Rituals – Guitars
- The Traditional Sodomizer of the Goddess of Perversity – Guitars
- Bestial Saviour of the Undead Legions – Bass and Backing Vocals
Studio albums and EPs
- Live Ritual – Friday the 13th (2001)
- Desecration of São Paulo - Live in Brazilian Ritual Third Attack (2016)
- Blood Upon the Altar (1989)
- Die Hard Rehearsal (2001)
- "Hail Canada! An Ode to Metal from Up North". Vice, Kim Kelly Jul 1 2015
- Robert Müller: Wollt Ihr den ewigen Krieg?. Der tote Winkel. In: Metal Hammer, November 2011.
- "Interview with Blasphemy". FMP666. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- "Interview with Rotting Christ". Masterful Magazine. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- "Blasphemy’s black metal is far from dead". Georgia Straight, by Allan MacInnis on March 8th, 2017
- "BESTIAL, SAVAGE, MERCILESS"]. BeatRoute, 07th, September 2013.
- ["Blasphemy", 1 Issue 7 - Absolute Underground. page 12
- "Black Flames of Blasphemy review". deathmetal.com. Retrieved 2010-01-07.