Blow It Out Your Ass It's Veruca Salt
|Blow It Out Your Ass It's Veruca Salt|
|EP by Veruca Salt|
|Released||April 16, 1996|
|Veruca Salt chronology|
|Christgau's Consumer Guide|||
Blow It Out Your Ass It's Veruca Salt is an EP by Veruca Salt released in 1996. It followed the band's hit album American Thighs (1994). The EP contains four songs, two by Nina Gordon and two by Louise Post.
The album art shows the band dressed in toilet paper. In the liner notes, bass guitarist Steve Lack is credited as Stephen J. Lackiewicz, which is his actual name.
- "Shimmer Like a Girl" (Nina Gordon) – 4:03
- "I'm Taking Europe with Me" (Louise Post) – 3:45
- "New York Mining Disaster 1996" (Gordon) – 4:56
- "Disinherit" (Post) – 6:25
- Louise Post – guitar, vocals
- Nina Gordon – guitar, vocals
- Steve Lack – bass guitar
- Jim Shapiro – drums, vocals
- Steve Albini – producer
- John Golden – mastering
- Paul Elledge – photographer
Usage in popular culture
"I'm Taking Europe with Me" was featured in the closing credits for Matthew Bright's motion picture Freeway II: Confessions of a Trick Baby.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Blow It out Your Ass It's Veruca Salt". AllMusic. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Romero, Michele (1996-05-17). "Blow It Out Your A-- It's Veruca Salt". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Christgau, Robert (2000-10-15). "Veruca Salt". Christgau's Consumer Guide: Albums of the '90s. Macmillan Publishing. ISBN 9780312245603.