||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Westlake Village, California, U.S.|
|Products||Microphones and recording equipment for consumer and industry|
Blue Microphones is an audio production company that designs and produces microphones, headphones, recording tools, signal processors, and music accessories for audio professionals, musicians and consumers.
Blue Microphones was founded in 1995 by an American session musician, Skipper Wise, and a Latvian recording engineer, Martins Saulespurens. The company's name is an acronym for Baltic Latvian Universal Electronics. The company is headquartered in Westlake Village, California, United States.
In 2008, Skipper and Martins sold Blue Microphones to Transom Capital, a private Equity firm from Southern California.
The company makes the Bottle Rocket Stage One, Bottle Rocket Stage Two and The Application Specific Series each with a proprietary sonic signature.
Blue Microphones designs and manufactures USB microphones, including Yeti, Snowball and Spark Digital. The Spark Digital was the first studio-grade condenser microphone to combine USB and iOS connectivity. The Yeti was the first THX certified microphone.
- Electronic Musician 2000 Editor’s Choice Microphone of the Year - Blueberry condenser microphone
- RetailVision 2009 Best Hardware peripheral - Mikey and Eyeball 2.0
- BeatWeek (formerly iProng) Best in Show 2009, 2010
- Nathan Olivarez-Giles (2009-07-21). "Blue Microphones turns up the volume". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- Music Inc Magazine (2009-10-20). "Transom Capital Acquires Blue Microphones". Music Inc Magazine. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- Lester, Ahren. "NAMM 2012: Blue Microphones unveils new Spark Digital mic". Audio Pro International. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Blue Microphones Yeti USB Mic". Reviews.CNET.com. 2009-12-16. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "RetailVision Europe 2009". RetailVision. 2009-05-26. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Best of Show CES: Blue Mikey 2". BeatWeek. 2009-01-09. Retrieved 2010-07-07.