The Dudley & Bob Show
|Genre||Talk, comedy, entertainment, rock|
3 hours, 6 A.M.-9 A.M. CSTpodcast: 1 hour, 9 A.M.-10 A.M.
|Country of origin||United States|
|Home station||KLBJ-FM Austin, Texas|
|Starring||Dale "Two Show" Dudley
|Produced by||Daniel Gallo, Carissa McAtee|
|Original release||1993 – present|
|Opening theme||"Intro" by Bob Fonseca|
The Dudley & Bob with Matt Show is a weekday-morning comedic radio talk show airing on 93.7 KLBJ-FM, from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. CT in Austin, Texas that consistently ranks among the city's top-rated drive-time shows.
Anchor host Dale Dudley, originally heard on KFMX/Lubbock, Texas, was recruited to Austin, Texas's KLBJ-FM to work alongside Clark Ryan as the morning drive time show partner, which lasted for five years. When Clark left, promotions director Bob Fonseca was selected to be co-host and partner. The show has had various co-hosts and producers. It is not widely known that Dale hosts two radio shows daily, the KLBJ-FM morning drive and another on News Radio KLBJ-AM from 2 pm.- 3pm. weekdays.
Currently the show features an open format where Dale Dudley, Bob Fonseca, and comedian Matt Bearden discuss various current-event topics while sharing stories from their personal lives. The show has been on the air for 17 years and was nominated for a NAB Marconi Radio Award in 2007 for Medium Market Personality of the Year by the National Association of Broadcasters. Dudley and Bob were inducted into the Texas Radio Hall of Fame in 2009.
Comedy has a major role on the show, with local and touring comedians routinely stopping in. It has also created three spin-off shows, Bob's Drive Home, a mostly defunct daily webisode which often recaps and provides video clips of events from within the studio, The Charlie Hodge Halftime Show with Host Charlie Hodge, and co-host Matt "Chicken-wing" Sadler, which no longer airs on KLBJ-FM from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. CT, and the Taint and Teabag Show, a live one-hour podcast that is distributed via a number of digital audio and video formats.
On March 15, 2013, at 7:45am, Dale Dudley announced live from Dublin, Ireland that starting April 1 the regular aired show hours would be reduced by one hour to 6am to 9am. The 9am to 10am hour would become available by subscription fee and available via mobile app or Internet browser. The new segment will be called the Sideshow. Initially it will not be available live. The subscription will allow access to the aired show the same day, otherwise these podcasts will be available to non-subscribers the next day. The Sideshow will become part of an online presence called Dudley and Bob Land and will include programming from show cast-members and content from fans and entertainers related to the show.
- Dale Dudley Born August 15, 1961, in Odessa Texas, Dudley uses his experiences growing up in west Texas as a recurring topic in the show. Also an actor and member of the Screen Actors Guild, Dudley can be seen in bit part roles in the movies Spy Kids 2, and Bernie, starring Jack Black. He played Eddie Gossling's sidekick in the motion picture "Brothers, Dogs and God."
- Bob Fonseca, AKA "The BobFather", former Promotion Director at KLBJ, was selected to replace former drive time partner Clark, where he has been Dudley's side-kick for over 20 years.
- Matt Bearden, AKA "Fat Bearden" is the recipient of the 2002 Funniest Person in Austin contest hosted by Cap City Comedy Club. In addition to such prestigious titles, Bearden is the most sought after comedian in Hawaii. He has appeared not only on stage but also TV and film.
- Daniel Gallo, AKA "Literal Man", began his relationship with the show as a kid who liked to prank call Dale Dudley. Gallo interned with the show for several years before being hired on as an associate producer. In 2011, he accepted the role of producer.
- Carissa Jaded, AKA "Dead-Air Bear", started at the show in 2011.
- CJ Morgan, AKA "Captain of the High-Keys", is the show's digital content producer and evening radioman.
- Eric, AKA "Chuy", is often heard during the Sideshow podcast and the show proper, he works for a competing morning show on KLBJ AM.
- Pop Cop, a mysterious law enforcement expert who appears on the show occasionally and shares juicy tidbits about pop culture. He is accompanied by a full complement of zoo morning show sound effects and ladies with moistened panties.
- Pop Squirrel, a racist, xenophobic, sexist squirrel who sees Pop Cop as his boss and mentor.
- Houston Press Club 2010 Lone Star Awards finalists
- Austin360 A-List 2009-2010, Best Morning Radio Show, Austin Statesman
- Austin Chronicle: Best Morning Show (Dudley and Bob)- 1993-1998
- Texas Radio Hall of Fame 
In 2011 Dale Dudley and Bob Fonseca started their own podcast series under the nom de guerre of Taint and Teabag Show. The nickname was given to the pair by Bobcat Goldthwaite after a guest appearance on KLBJ-FM. The podcast is to be featured on the Kevin Smith inspired Smodcast Internet Radio (SIR) and is currently offered via free download. The podcast is released on an annual schedule. Regular guests include Daniel Gallo and Matt Bearden. The radio show is also available in Podcast form on iTunes and the station's Web site.
The Dudley & Bob Show produced four albums in the 1990s featuring various calls, bits, and sketches released during the Dudley and Bob with Debra years of the show.
During the 2000s the show produced the "Damn It's Early" albums which featuring live on-air performances from various local and touring national musicians.
|1995||Public Enema #1||KLBJ|
|1996||We're Back and We're Highly Pissed||KLBJ|
|1997||Eugene! Don't Hit 'Em in the Head||KLBJ|
|1998||Prince Albert...Your Refrigerator Is Running||KLBJ|
|2001||Damn It's Early||KLBJ|
|2003||Damn It's 2 Early||KLBJ|
- "KLBJ 93.7 FM - Austin's Rock Dudley and Bob Morning Show". Klbjfm.com. 2010-12-16. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- "Formula of chat plus comedy keeps Dudley and Bob high in radio ratings".
- No Mo' Money, Austin Chronicle, Apr 16, 2010 http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid%3A1016828
- "Bob's Drive Home". Klbjfm.com. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- "KLBJ 93.7 FM - Austin's Rock Charlie Hodge". Klbjfm.com. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- Texas Holds Him, Inside Radio, Jun 18, 07, ASCAP http://ftp.media.radcity.net/ZMST/insideradio/Interviews/DudleyArticle06-18.pdf
- Dudley and Bob with Matt Morning Show 16:37 mark, KLBJ, Jun 20, 2017 http://www.klbjfm.com/media/podcasts/2017-06-20-pt-1-tight-pockets
- Matt Bearden, from the Top Banana, The Austin Chronicle, Dec 26, 2008 http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid:719029
- "LONE STAR AWARDS FINALIST". http://www.houstonpressclub.com. 2010. Retrieved 2011-06-14. External link in
- "The A-List: Photos from the hottest concerts, events and parties in Austin, Texas". Austin360.com. 2010-09-15. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- Taint and Teabag Podcast homepage, http://www.taintandteabag.com