Robert "Bob" Meyrowitz is the co-creator of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
In 1973, Meyrowitz was a founder of D.I.R. Broadcasting and a creator of the syndicated radio series, the King Biscuit Flower Hour.
In the late 1980s he started Semaphore Entertainment Group (SEG), which was one of the first groups to develop content for pay per view.
In 1999, Meyrowitz created eYada.com, an internet talk radio station, ceasing in 2001.
In 2001, Meyrowitz was the owner of the UFC who sold it to Frank Fertitta III and Lorenzo Fertitta (Zuffa).
In January 2008, Meyrowitz announced the formation of his new MMA company, YAMMA Pit Fighting. YAMMA was a joint venture between Meyrowitz's company, Rope Partners, and Live Nation. Yamma folded the same year, holding only one event on April 11, 2008.
- ^ "Bob Meyrowitz recalls the remarkable genesis of the first Ultimate Fighting Championship event". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- ^ "THE MEDIA BUSINESS: Television; Pay-Per-View Scales Back Ambitions for 'Event' Shows". Nytimes.com. 24 May 1993. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- ^ "Bob Meyrowitz Interview from 2006 on MMA History". No Holds Barred. archive.org. Retrieved 22 May 2022.
- ^ "No More Yada for eYada". Adweek. July 10, 2001. Retrieved 22 May 2022.
- ^ Levere, Jane L. (13 September 1999). "Compressed Data; On-Line Radio Tries The All-Talk Format". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 May 2022.
- ^ MilesWSJ.com, Stephanie (15 January 2001). "EYada.com Lays Off One-Third Of Staff as It Axes Several Shows". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 22 May 2022.
- ^ Segal, David (26 March 2016). "Fighting a Cage Match to Turn UFC Into a National Phenomenon". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 May 2022.
- ^ Matthew G. Miller (1 August 2012). "Fertittas Made Billionaires by Head Blows With Chokeholds". Bloomberg. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- ^ "MMA Stomping Grounds: Former UFC owner starts new MMA promotion - Mixed martial arts: UFC news, analysis, opinions". Weblogs.baltimoresun.com. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- ^ "Yamma Pit Fighting Emerges as New Force on the MMA Scene". Businesswire.com. Retrieved 29 November 2014.