|Single by Randy Houser|
|from the album Anything Goes|
|Released||February 23, 2009|
|Randy Houser singles chronology|
"Boots On" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Randy Houser. It was released in February 2009 as Houser's second single from his debut album Anything Goes. The song reached a peak of No. 2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Houser wrote this with Brandon Kinney.
Written by Houser and Brandon Kinney, "Boots On" is an up-tempo with a theme of rural pride. The male narrator states that he is going to a bar to have fun with his "boots on", and states later on that he will die with his boots on.
Matt Bjorke of Roughstock gave the song a favorable review. He described the song as "the kind of song that radio loves precisely because fans will also love it." Kevin J. Coyne of Country Universe gave "Boots On" a B- rating. He stated that "Houser’s enthusiastic performance helps to elevate the rather ordinary material, but there’s been such a glut of 'country and proud of it' songs lately."
A music video was made, and was directed by Drake Vaughan and Eric Welch. The video features a toddler, Drake Dixon, son of songwriter Dillon Dixon, singing along with the song, and miming guitar playing. The footage of Drake singing along was originally shot by his nanny, Vickie Vaughan, who subsequently put the video on MySpace. The video became popular online, and Houser decided to incorporate it in his video, making it look like Drake was in his car. At the beginning of the video, Houser puts a digital video camera on his dashboard, pointed at Drake. At the end of the video, after finishing filling up his car, Houser finds he's locked out of it, but Drake's still too busy rocking out to notice.
"Boots On" debuted at No. 59 on the Hot Country Songs chart dated March 7, 2009, and entered the Top 40 in its third chart week. It entered the Top 10 at No. 9 in July 2009 and peaked at No. 2 in September 2009, thus becoming his first Top 10 hit. It also finished at No. 3 on the Billboard Year-End chart for country music.
|US Billboard Hot 100||53|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
- Bjorke, Matt. "Randy Houser – "Boots On"". Roughstock. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- Coyne, Kevin (January 31, 2009). "Randy Houser – "Boots On"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- MySpace – Drake Jammin to Boots On Archived March 31, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Parton, Chris (April 24, 2009). "New Randy Houser "Boots On" Video Stars Toddler Drake Dixon". CMT Blog. Retrieved 2009-06-27.
- "Billboard Year-End Hot Country Songs: 2009". Billboard.biz. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- "Randy Houser – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Randy Houser. Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- "Randy Houser – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Randy Houser. Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- "Best of 2009: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2009. Retrieved December 13, 2009.