Boy Hits Car
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Boy Hits Car
Boy Hits Car live at the Langeln Open Air, Germany on July 19, 2014
|Origin||Los Angeles, United States|
|Genres||Alternative metal, hard rock, nu metal|
Rock Ridge Music
|Past members||Louis Lenard|
Johnny Ransom Will "Walrus" Jenkins
The band was formed in 1993. After releasing their first album, My Animal, independently in 1998, they went on the Sno-Core Tour and recorded their next album, Boy Hits Car, on Wind-up Records. Their song "LoveFuryPassionEnergy" was used as a theme song for WWE Hall of Famer Lita and was distributed on the WWF Forceable Entry album in 2002. A third album was self released in 2005 called The Passage. In 2006 the band re-released the album in July after signing with Rock Ridge Music as their distributor. It was announced on their homepage that they will have a new album with a planned release on March 15, 2011. Boy Hits Car released their 5th studio album All That Led Us Here in May 2014 and are following it up with a European tour.
Although initially aimed at the nu/alternative metal market, the band have since moved onto a lighter sound on recent albums and is going more for a pop sound. Each member of the band adds their own style to the mix. The band cite their influences as Jane's Addiction, Primus, Bad Religion, Talking Heads, Quicksand, Led Zeppelin and Helmet, as well as eastern music such as Ali Akbar Khan.
- Cregg Rondell – vocals, twelve string guitar (1993–present)
- Bill Gower – bass guitar (2006–present)
- Mike Bartak – guitar (2007–present)
- Erik Peterson – drums (2014–present)
- Louis Lenard – guitar – (1993–2006)
- Scott Menville – bass guitar (1993–2006)
- Michael Ferrari – drums (1993–2003)
- Johnny Ransom – drums (2004–2012)
- Dusty Hunt – guitar (2005–2007)
- Will Jenkins – drums (2012–2013)
- My Animal (1998) (NMG Records)
- Boy Hits Car (2001) (Wind-Up Records)
- The Passage (independently released in 2005, then re-released in 2006 through Rock Ridge Music)
- Stealing Fire (2011) (March 15, 2011)
- All That Led Us Here (2014)
- "Boy Hits Car | Biography, Albums, & Streaming Radio". AllMusic. Retrieved May 4, 2016.
- Wilson, MacKenzie. "Boy Hits Car | Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved December 17, 2016.
- "Boy Hits Car is connecting with YOU!!!!". Reverbnation.com. Archived from the original on January 10, 2014. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- boyhitscar.com 2011
- "Boy Hits Car (Official FB Page)". Facebook. Retrieved May 4, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Boy Hits Car.|