|No. 68 – New York Giants|
|Born:||August 21, 1992|
Avon Lake, Ohio
|Height:||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Weight:||302 lb (137 kg)|
|High school:||Avon Lake (OH)|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 7 / Pick: 237|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Brian Jeffrey Mihalik (born August 21, 1992) is an American football offensive tackle for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Boston College and was drafted in the seventh round (237th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft by the Philadelphia Eagles. Mihalik has also been a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Detroit Lions.
In his freshman season in 2011, Mihalik had six tackles and two pass breakups, playing the last nine games of the season. He played nine games as a sophomore in 2012, registering 22 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, and a sack. As a junior in 2013, he recorded 22 tackles, including six for loss and two sacks. In his 2014 senior season, Mihalik tallied 27 tackles, including 4.5 tackles for a loss, and 3.5 sacks.
Mihalik was projected to go undrafted during the 2015 NFL Draft by some analysts. Although he had amazing size and length, many were hampered by his athletic ability, strength, and awareness.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 8 7⁄8 in
|4.89 s||1.70 s||2.76 s||4.37 s||7.23 s||35 1⁄2 in
|10 ft 2 in
|All values from Boston College's Pro Day|
Mihalik was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the seventh round of the 2015 NFL Draft with the 237th overall pick. Mihalik was signed to the practice squad after failing to make the 53-man roster, but was released on September 16.
After being released, Mihalik was signed to a futures contract by the Pittsburgh Steelers on January 20, 2016. Despite spending his collegiate career as a defensive end and having no prior experience, the Steelers chose to move him to offensive tackle. He is similar to Steelers' teammate Alejandro Villanueva, who had success after moving to tackle the year prior. Both players stand at 6 feet 9 inches, played defensive end for the Eagles before being released, had no professional experience as offensive linemen before being switched to tackle by offensive line coach Mike Munchak. On August 12, 2016, Mihalik injured his MCL during the Steeler's preseason opener against the Detroit Lions. He was waived two days later and reached an injury settlement with the Steelers on August 19, 2016.
On October 6, 2016, Mihalik was signed by the Detroit Lions and was released two days later and was then signed to the practice squad. The Detroit Lions signed him after seeing him during their preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Pittsburgh Steelers (second stint)
October 17, 2016, the Pittsburgh Steelers signed Mihalik off the Lions' practice squad. Although he had less than a year of experience as an offensive tackle, injuries to Ryan Harris and Marcus Gilbert led to Mihalik moving to the active roster. Mihalik did not appear in any regular season games during his rookie season.
On September 2, 2017, Mihalik was waived by the Steelers.
Detroit Lions (second stint)
On September 3, 2017, Mihalik was claimed off waivers by the Lions. He was named the backup left tackle behind Greg Robinson to begin the regular season. Mihalik had his first professional catch on November 6, 2017 on Monday Night Football against the Green Bay Packers when a Matthew Stafford pass was tipped at the line and was hauled in by Mihalik.
On September 2, 2018, Mihalik was waived by the Lions.
New York Giants
- "Brian Mihalik Bio". Boston College Eagles. Boston College. Archived from the original on April 25, 2014. Retrieved May 4, 2014.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Brian Mihalik". NFL.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "Brian Mihalik". Nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Mosher, Geoff (May 2, 2015). "With final pick, Eagles draft 6-9 Brian Mihalik in 7th round". CSN Philly. Archived from the original on May 4, 2015. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- Steelersdepot.com. "Steeler's Future Report:OT Brian Mihalik". Retrieved February 2, 2016.
- "Lions sign free agent OL Brian Mihalik". DetroitLions.com. October 6, 2016.
- "Lions sign LB Steve Longa to active roster and activate DE Armonty Bryant". DetroitLions.com. October 8, 2016. Archived from the original on November 27, 2016.
- "Lions sign free agent RB Justin Forsett". DetroitLions.com. October 11, 2016.
- "Steelers sign Mihalik to Active Roster". Steelers.com. October 18, 2016.
- "Steelers trim roster to 53". Steelers.com. September 2, 2017. Archived from the original on January 17, 2018.
- "Lions assigned G Zac Kerin and T Brian Mihalik via waivers". DetroitLions.com. September 3, 2017.
- "Ourlads.com: Detroit Lion's Depth Chart: 09/01/2017". ourlads.com. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
- "Lions awarded OL Andrew Donnal and CB Dee Virgin via waivers". DetroitLions.com. September 2, 2018.
- "Giants cut LB Calvin Munson from practice squad, add OL Brian Mihalik". Giants Wire. USA Today. September 13, 2018.
- Eisen, Michael (October 9, 2018). "Giants waive Tackle Ereck Flowers". Giants.com.