|Birth name||Brissia Daniela Mayagoitia Orta|
August 3, 1991 |
Saltillo, Coahuila Mexico
Brissia Daniela Mayagoitia Orta better known as Brissia (born August 3, 1991, in Saltillo, Coahuila) is a Mexican singer and actress. She was a former member of Mexican pop band La Nueva Banda. Mayagoitia left the band to become a solo artist in 2008. The remaining band members continued without her, but split in the spring of 2009.
When she was twelve years old, Brissia participated in the second season of the Mexican reality TV show for children, Código F.A.M.A. She placed fifth and received a silver medal.
In 2006, Brissia participated in the Telemundo reality singing competition Quinceañera: Mamá Quiero Ser Artista in the United States. On the show, competed with female teenage singers from across Latin American and the US, including pre American Idol alum Allison Iraheta for the main prize of $50,000 and a recording contract. Brissia finished in second place with Iraheta taking the grand prize.
In 2007, she took part in a reality show called Buscando a Timbiriche, La Nueva Banda. She selected as the first member of the band. She sang the first song on their album, along with teammate Eduardo. Brissia left the band in 2009 to pursue a solo career. In 2011, Brissia was cast as in a lead role in the Mexican theatre production of Hairspray with friend and former La Nueva Banda band mate, Eduardo Brito. The pair were invited to perform at festivals throughout Mexico in late 2010. In August 2011, Brissia was cast in an episode of the Mexican television series, Como Dice El Dicho. The episode is expected to air in September 2011. This appearance will mark Brissia's debut appearance as an actress as well as her first television appearance since Buscando a Timbiriche, La Nueva Banda. Brissia will also debut her first single as a solo artist on the episode.
In 2013, Brissia poses for Playboy Mexico magazine in the January issue.
Shortly after winning a spot in La Nueva Banda Timbiriche, Brissia began dating César D'Alessio, son of Mexican singer and actress Lupita D'Alessio. The couple split up in 2010. In spring 2008, Brissia also announced that she did not wish to participate in La Nueva Banda and revealed her desire to start a solo career. Since leaving La Nueva Banda, Brissia moved to Mexico City with her family and continues to keep in contact with her friend and former band mate, Eduarado "Lalo" Brito.
La Nueva Banda Timbiriche (2007).
- *Tú, tú, tú
- Aunque Digas
- Sales: 85,000
- 2010- Hairspray (Mexican version)
- 2011 Como dice el dicho ('El Que Es Buen Gallo Donde Quiera Canta') as Mayte.
- 2011 Tengo Talento Mucho Talento ('Estrella TV')
- "Brissia Daniela Mayagoitia Orta :: Los Participantes :: esmas.com". Archived from the original on 6 October 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Los nuevos Timbiriche quieren crear su historia". El Telégrafo (in Spanish). 4 June 2008. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Brissia deja La Nueva Banda Timbiriche". Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- La gran final, Quinceañera Archived October 31, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Quinceañera (TV Series)". Internet Movie Database (IMDB). Retrieved 2006. Check date values in:
- "Hairspray llegó ayer al Teatro Bicentenario". Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- [dead link]
- "Como dice el dicho - Noticias - Televisa.com". Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Brissia: Se lanza como solista". Archived from the original on 19 March 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2014.