|Bronwydd shown within Carmarthenshire|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Mid and West Wales|
Bronwydd is a village and a community in the county of Carmarthenshire, Wales, situated about three miles north of Carmarthen in the valley of the River Gwili. Bronwydd community comprises the village of Bronwydd Arms, a couple of nearby hamlets and a number of working farms in the surrounding area. In Census 2001, it had a population of 572.
Bronwydd Arms was one of six broadband "not-spots" in Wales - communities without high-speed internet access. In December 2008, the Welsh Assembly Government and BT confirmed that coverage in these areas would be upgraded in April 2009.
The village name is taken from the Bronwydd Arms Inn, which served until 1978 on the main road junction into the village. The public house and adjoining shop were demolished in March 1981. A slate engraving marking the site now stands on the A484 Cardigan road, opposite the B4301 that runs into the village.
The current village pub, the Hollybrook, was opened on Easter Monday 1980 by locals Glyn and Maureen Evans. The name Hollybrook is an Anglicised version of Nantcelynen, the name of the smallholding where the pub sits. The site is known to have housed a pub in 1851 by the name of 'Clothiers Arms' but by 1871 it was no longer open.
A detailed history on Bronwydd Arms and surrounding areas was published in 2002 by Carmarthenshire County Council and written by local historian and resident Arwyn Thomas with the title 'Hanes Ardal Bronwydd - A History of the Area' 
- Lead View Table
- Visitor Information Archived May 16, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- The Welsh Academy Encyclopedia of Wales. Cardiff: University of Wales Press 2008
- "Cwmgwili, Bronwydd". British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Broadband for 'not-spot' villages". BBC News. 2008-12-18. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- Thomas, Arwyn (2002). Hanes Ardal Bronwydd A History of the Area. Carmarthenshire County Council. p. 287. ISBN 0-906821-61-4.
- Bronwydd Community
- The Gwili Railway home page
- www.geograph.co.uk : photos of Bronwydd and surrounding area
- Bronwydd Cricket Club
- Hollybrook Country Inn & B&B
- White Water Consultancy
- Timberman Ltd
|This Carmarthenshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|