7 August 1990 |
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||150 lb (68 kg; 11 st)|
|College||University of Georgia|
|Current tour(s)||Web.com Tour|
|Former tour(s)||PGA Tour of Australasia
PGA Tour China
|Best results in major championships
|Masters Tournament||CUT: 2012|
|The Open Championship||CUT: 2011, 2014|
Macpherson was born in Melbourne, Australia. He won the Dunes Medal in 2008, an amateur event in Australia, and set two course records in the process, shooting a 64 and then bettering it with a 63. He enrolled at the University of Georgia in 2009 and was named Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Year and was also named to the second All-SEC team. He also won the Australian Amateur Stroke Play and the New Zealand Amateur Stroke Play in 2009. In 2010, he represented his country for the Eisenhower Trophy, the premier world amateur team golf championship. Macpherson won The Amateur Championship in 2011. This victory earned him a spot in the 2011 Open Championship and the 2012 Masters Tournament. He missed the cut at the Open by a stroke. Macpherson is a 2012 member of the Golf Australia Rookie Squad.
He qualified for the 2014 Open Championship after a T-4 finish at the 2013 Australian Open. (The Australian Open was an International Qualifying Tournament for The Open.) He missed the cut after rounds of 90 and 80, leaving him 26-over-par. His round of 90 was the highest score in the opening round for 15 years.
Macpherson had status on three different professional tours for 2014 (PGA Tour China, PGA Tour of Australasia, OneAsia Tour). He was the first active PGA Tour China member to play in a major. Macpherson qualified for the Web.com Tour for the 2015 season. After failing to retain his Web.com Tour privileges, he returned to PGA Tour China where he won twice and finished the season leading the Order of Merit, earning him a return to the Web.com Tour for 2016.
Amateur wins (5)
- 2008 Dunes Medal
- 2009 Australian Amateur Stroke Play, New Zealand Amateur Stroke Play
- 2011 The Amateur Championship
- 2012 Georgia Cup
Professional wins (2)
PGA Tour China wins (2)
- 2015 Cadillac Championship, Lushan Open
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||CUT||DNP||DNP||CUT|
DNP = Did not play
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" = tied
Yellow background for top-10.
Australian national team appearances
- Eisenhower Trophy: 2010
- Ching, David (2 April 2012). "Ready for the Masters". ESPN. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "Emirates Australian Open". The Open.
- "143rd Open – Royal Liverpool 2014 – Results table". The Open.
- Walton, Greg (17 July 2014). "The Open 2014: Bryden Macpherson is sunk by the yips on the way to embarrassing 90". The Daily Telegraph.
- Betscher, Fatiha (2 April 2012). "MacPherson becomes first Aussie to reign supreme at Georgia Cup". Retrieved 30 November 2013.