Bulambuli is located approximately 280 kilometres (170 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in the country. This location is approximately 32 kilometres (20 mi), by road, northeast of Mbale, the largest town in the sub-region. The approximate coordinates of Bulambuli are:1°09'36.0"N, 34°23'48.0"E (Latitude:1.160000; Longitude:34.396667). The coordinates are approximate because Bulambuli does not yet show up on most publicly available maps as of May 2014.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of the town:
- The headquarters of Bulambuli District Administration
- The offices of Bulambuli Town Council
- Bulambuli Central Market
- Mount Elgon - The town lies in the foothills of the Mountain.
- "Distance Between Kampala And Bulambuli With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Mbale And Bulambuli With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Ninsiima, Racheal (14 July 2013). "Uganda Census Planned for 2014". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 30 May 2014.