Lingwood and Burlingham
|Lingwood and Burlingham|
|Lingwood and Burlingham shown within Norfolk|
|Area||9.39 km2 (3.63 sq mi)|
|• Density||281/km2 (730/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Lingwood and Burlingham is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk, comprising the large village of Lingwood together with the smaller villages of Burlisexngham Green, North Burlingham and South Burlingham. The villages are all within 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) of each other, some 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) equidistant from the town of Great Yarmouth and the city of Norwich.
The civil parish was created in 1935, by the merger of the ancient parishes of Lingwood, Burlingham St Andrew, Burlingham St Edmond and Burlingham St Peter. It has an area of 9.39 square kilometres (3.63 sq mi) and in the 2001 census had a population of 2,504 in 1,047 households, increasing to a population of 2,643 in 1,131 households at the 2011 Census. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of Broadland.
The name Lingwood originates from "Lingwoode", the first name given to the area, meaning "slope of a wood". The village was first noted in 1190.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 31 July 2016.
- Ordnance Survey (2005). OS Explorer Map OL40 - The Broads. ISBN 0-319-23769-9.
- "Burlingham CP Norfolk through time". Great Britain Historical GIS Project. Archived from the original on 11 March 2007. Retrieved 27 December 2005.
- "Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes". Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Retrieved 2 December 2005.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lingwood and Burlingham.|
- for Lingwood.
- for Burlingham Green.
- for North Burlingham.
- for South Burlingham.
- Information from Genuki Norfolk on Lingwood.
- Information from Genuki Norfolk on North Burlingham.
- Information from Genuki Norfolk on South Burlingham.
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|