Byala Municipality, Varna Province
Byala Municipality within Bulgaria and Varna Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Byala|
|• Total||162 km2 (63 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Byala Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Бяла) is a municipality (obshtina) in Varna Province, located in the central part of the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Byala.
The municipality embraces a territory of 162 km² with a population, as of December 2009, of 3,729 inhabitants.
Not to be confused with the municipality of the same name in Ruse Province.
Byala Municipality includes the following 6 places (towns are shown in bold):
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001[permanent dead link]
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Official website (Bulgarian)