CERN Open Hardware Licence
The CERN Open Hardware Licence (OHL or CERN OHL) is a license used in open-source hardware projects. It was created by CERN, which published version 1.0 in March 2011. Version 1.1 was published in July 2011. Version 1.2 was published in September 2013. Version 2.0, which utilizes a simplified language and covers also integrated circuit designs, was published in March 2020.
Projects using the CERN OHL
On the CERN OHL website they have a list of projects using their license. These projects include:
- Most projects in the Open Hardware Repository OHR
- AXIOM – digital cinema camera
- Gizmo For You Ltd
- Mechanical Ventilator Milano Rapid production ventilator design as an answer to COVID-19 shortage
- The Monero Hardware Wallet The first (licensed schematic and layout) Monero hardware wallet
- Mycroft Mark I – smart speaker with open-source digital assistant (design files available here)
- ScopeFun open source oscilloscope
- SatNOGS-the open satellite ground station network
- The synchrotron instrumentation PandAbox which chorographs experiments at particle accelerator and other facilities
- Tinkerforge Bricks and Bricklets
- The tristimulus colorimeter Colorhug2 Archived 2017-03-12 at the Wayback Machine uses version 1.1 of this license.
- UPSat-the first open hardware satellite 1
- A Free Beer variation, brewed for the RMLL 2012 and recipe placed under the CERN OHL 1.1
- OpenScout an open source hardware mobile robot
- CERN launches Open Hardware initiative
- CERN Open Hardware Licence 1.2
- CERN OHL v1.2 released
- CERN Open Hardware Licence version 2
- CERN OHL v2 draft presented at FSiC2019
- CERN updates its Open Hardware Licence
- "Cernohlprojects · Wiki · Projects / CERN Open Hardware Licence".
- "AXIOM Alpha".
- "Mechanical Ventilator Milano".Galbiati, C.; Abba, A.; Agnes, P.; Amaudruz, P.; Arba, M.; Ardellier-Desages, F.; Badia, C.; Batignani, G.; Bellani, G.; Bianchi, G.; Bishop, D. (2021). "The novel Mechanical Ventilator Milano for the COVID-19 pandemic". Physics of Fluids. 33 (3): 037122. arXiv:2003.10405. Bibcode:2021PhFl...33c7122A. doi:10.1063/5.0044445. PMC 8060010. PMID 33897243.
- "Monero Hardware Wallet revision control". GitHub. 14 May 2020.
- "ScopeFun - Open Source Oscilloscope Hardware". www.scopefun.com. Retrieved 2022-04-17.
- "colorhug2-hardware/COPYING at master · hughski/colorhug2-hardware · GitHub". GitHub. 28 August 2016.
- Licenses on freedomdefined.org "The CERN Open Hardware Licence (CERN OHL) is a license used in open-source hardware projects (OSHW)."
- Tim Anderson. "A dedicated licence for open-source hardware: CERN OHL approved by OSI". www.theregister.com. Retrieved 2021-01-31.