|City||Portage la Prairie, Manitoba|
|HAAT||73.5 meters (241 ft)|
|Owner||Golden West Broadcasting|
|Sister stations||CFRY, CJPG-FM|
|Webcast||93.1 CHPO listen online|
CHPO-FM is a radio station which broadcasts a country music format on the frequency of 93.1 MHz FM in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, Canada. The station is owned by Golden West Broadcasting, and is located at 2390 Sissons Drive, along with CFRY and CJPG-FM.
The owners received approval by the CRTC on October 2, 2013, which will replace CFRY AM's current repeater, CFRY-FM-1. The new station will broadcast using the same facility and parameters as CFRY-FM-1, with a maximum effective radiated power of 27,000 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 73.5 metres).
Originally, it was planned to broadcast as CFRY-FM, while its original parent station, CFRY AM, continued its country music format. It was later revealed that the station would switch to a classic rock format under the new call letters of CHPO-FM, ending its 19-year FM simulcast as CFRY-1-FM. However, the station instead launched as Country 93.1 FM, the current format.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-533, English-language FM radio station in Portage la Prairie, CRTC, October 2, 2013
- Per Canadian Radio News' Facebook page
- "RadioWest.ca • View topic - Portage La Prairie's Simulcast CFRY-FM Becomes CHPO-FM". Retrieved June 15, 2016.
- CHPO-FM history – Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFRY
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CHPO
|This article about a radio station in Manitoba is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|