Golden West Broadcasting
Golden West Broadcasting is a Canadian radio broadcasting company based in Altona, Manitoba, Canada. It currently owns and operates a number of radio stations in the prairie provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
Through its Golden West Media division, the company also supplies broadcast equipment sales and technical services as well as sound system consultation and installation.
On October 28, 2004, Canadian Satellite Radio announced a partnership with both Golden West Broadcasting and Rawlco Communications that would give the two broadcasting companies the option to acquire an ownership interest in CSR should its satellite radio application be approved by the CRTC.
- "Satellite radio has the potential to deliver enormous positive impact to Canadians at all levels of this industry - musicians, artists, and listeners alike. I am happy to participate in this application which I believe will have a positive impact on commercial radio, and given this technological development, it is important to license and regulate it in Canada expeditiously." 
CSR's application and two others were approved on June 16, 2005; CSR's service, XM Radio Canada, launched on December 1, 2005.
- Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-595 (item #14)
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-105
- "CANADIAN SATELLITE RADIO". Canadian Satellite Radio. Archived from the original on 2006-02-07. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- "Internet jazz station launches today". The StarPhoenix. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "CKMW Changes to FM". Pembina Valley News Corp. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- Golden West Radio
- Golden West Media
- History of Golden West Broadcasting Ltd. - Canadian Communications Foundation
|This article about radio broadcasting in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|