CITIC Bank International
|Parent||CITIC International Financial Holdings|
|Website||CITIC Bank International|
CITIC Bank International (Chinese: 中信銀行國際) (Former stock code: SEHK: 183) (formerly known as CITIC Ka Wah Bank (Chinese: 中信嘉華銀行) and Ka Wah Bank) is a Hong Kong bank majority owned by CITIC. It is a subsidiary of CITIC International Financial Holdings.
- 1922: Ka Wah Ngan Ho (Traditional Chinese: 嘉華銀號) was founded in Guangzhou by Dr. Lam Chi Fung, the founding president of Hong Kong Baptist College.
- 1924: Ka Wah Savings Bank Limited (Traditional Chinese: 嘉華儲蓄銀行有限公司) was founded in Hong Kong.
- 1926: Ka Wah Savings Bank Limited was renamed as Ka Wah Bank Public Limited Company (Traditional Chinese: 嘉華銀行公眾有限公司).
- 1949: It was renamed as Ka Wah Bank Limited (Traditional Chinese: 嘉華銀行有限公司).
- 1986: Ka Wah Bank faced financial difficulties, and CITIC Group injected HK$350 million capital into the bank.
- 1998: Ka Wah Bank was renamed as CITIC Ka Wah Bank Limited.
- 2002: CITIC Ka Wah Bank became a whole-owned subsidiary of CITIC International Financial Holdings. It acquired and merged with Hongkong Chinese Bank, Limited.
- 2004: Shanghai branch was established.
- 2005: Macau branch was established.
- 2010: CITIC Ka Wah Bank was renamed as CITIC Bank International Limited.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to CITIC Ka Wah Bank.|