Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table. Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table.
Queens car salesman Joey O'Brien (Robin Williams) must deal with the ever-increasing pressures in his life: he has an ex-wife demanding alimony, a daughter who is missing, a married mistress (Fran Drescher) and a single mistress (Lori Petty) who are both desperately in love with him, and a two-day deadline to either sell twelve cars or lose his job. In addition, he has an outstanding loan to a Mafia don which he must either quickly repay, or lose his life.
On the day of the big dealership car sale (and the final day of O'Brien's deadline), the car dealership is taken hostage by an AK-47-toting motorcyclist (Tim Robbins) who believes his wife (Annabella Sciorra) is cheating on him. Joey manages to talk the man out of doing any harm to the other hostages, as police surround the dealership. Without realizing that the assailant's gun is not loaded, the police wound him after most of the hostages have already been released which prompts Joey to promise to remain with him while he recovers. The crisis solves all of Joey's problems: his mistresses learn of each other and dump him, his daughter returns, his job is secure, the Mafia don (whose son was among the hostages) forgives his debt, and he begins to reconcile with his ex-wife.
- Robin Williams as Joey O'Brien
- Tim Robbins as Larry
- Pamela Reed as Tina
- Annabella Sciorra as Donna, Larry's wife
- Fran Drescher as Joy Munchack, Joey's married mistress
- Zack Norman as Harry Munchack
- Lori Petty as Lila, Joey's single mistress
- Paul Guilfoyle as Little Jack Turgeon
- Judith Hoag as Molly
- Lauren Tom as Helen the dim sum girl
- Elżbieta Czyżewska as Soviet wife
- Gary Howard Klar as Detective Walters
The film was not a box office success, although it did turn a profit.
- Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table.
- Cadillac Man at the Internet Movie Database
- Cadillac Man at AllMovie
- Cadillac Man at Rotten Tomatoes
- Cadillac Man at Box Office Mojo
Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table.